General Powerflex Bushes

Currently reading:
General Powerflex Bushes

it's not a bad price considering that throughout the vehicle's life it's going to have wear and tear on these parts, and if you're planning on keeping the car then it's not a bad investment(y)

Larkspeeds
Fiat Seicento

Full Powerflex Rear Suspension Bush kit £65.80

Powerflex Suspension Bushes Front kit £53.95

Powerflex Bushes Front Wishbone Inner Front Bushes £32.90

Powerflex Bushes Front Wishbone Inner Rear Bushes £28.50

Powerflex Bushes Rear Trailing Arm Bushes £65.80

I paid £50 per end on ebay last year. Excellent investment, but finding them and buying them is only 4% of the job. The remaining 96% is full of blood, sweat, tears, swearing and head scratching.

I'm a competent mechanic (new HG / clutch / S'arms / bearings / suspension (full motorbike engine rebuilds)) but these bushes are the worst things i've ever fitted.

If you've got more than 50,000miles on your car buy new front arms while you're at it as the ball joints on the end will give up the ghost pretty soon after. In fact, up front i'd just stick with new arms and OE bushes.

Rear had the most improvement, but they were 80,000 old and shagged

Well i'm on the happy side of 25k just now so they're not needed, but was bored at work and looking at various things on e-bay if the price is reasonable now it's only gonna get more expensive, so I may be better of buying them and stashing them until they are needed...

fluffy do them cheaper for cc member i heard :)

Ask, i want to know also :D And you see i'll got 2 rear trail arm in my garage :0.

Italian coke can, did u change while the rear trail arm is on the car ??

Ming

It's a lot of head scratching. First rear side took me four hours, then the other side was 2 hours. Put off doing the fronts for a few months while i recovered mentally and physically.

Bushes are not meant to come out easily.

Rear bushes are a piece of p**s.
You'll need a decent heavy duty vice sturdily mounted to a heavy work bench.
Decent spanners/sockets are a must, a 6 sided flange spanner plus a 6 sided socket of the correct size (19mm iirc) and 600mm breaker bar are the best tools.
Hacksaw (or use a reciprocating saw, a jigsaw is no good) the flange end of the bushes off.
Get a short length of tube which is a little bit larger than the OD of the bush, some decent plate one piece needs to be a circle 0.5mm narrower than the bush OD & some M12 course high tensile steel studding & nuts.
Drill 12.5mm holes through the plates centered properly on the circular one.
Lock down 3 or 4 nuts on a length of studding then clamp the whole lot together.
With the flange spanner on the inner most nut next to the plate at the end of the tube clamp the bush ready for removal in the vice very securely, making sure the spanner is trapped by the jaws.
Take 2 or 3 nuts and loosely (they need to be free and not locked together) space them so they're lined up.
With the breaker bar simply tighten the nuts up little by little & eventually the bush will pop out.

Took me about 20 min per bush taking it nice n' slow.

Right, I've just got a voucher for 15% off anything on e-bay, essentially making these £95.20 which by my reckoning is an absolute bargain! Will be ordering tomorrow when I get paid I think.
Even if I don't need 'em straight away at least I'll have them

Right, I've just got a voucher for 15% off anything on e-bay, essentially making these £95.20 which by my reckoning is an absolute bargain! Will be ordering tomorrow when I get paid I think.
Even if I don't need 'em straight away at least I'll have them

IF u want a spare set of trail arm to do the waork before u work on yours pm me :D

Just give me yours once ur done

Ming :)

Back