Punto (Mk2/2b) Power window not working, lowering it manually

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Power window not working, lowering it manually

Smegie

Hi,

My electric power is not working on the passenger side. I want to replace it myself. However on youtube, you see that you have to lower the window to release the window from green clips. In order to this you have to lower the window halfway. Well thats the problem u cant lower the window. I have disconnected the connectors and such, but sofar as i know it is a security (sounds reasonable) measure.

So my question is how can i lower my window without the electric motor/regulator is working?

P.s. i have a punto mrk2, 188

Last edited:
The window is uphold by green plastic clamp. I can't access it when window is upward position. I tried removing the window strips to have more room. However the green clamp bit theought the window hole cannot be pushed out whatever I do.

Btw foor panel and all sort are removed

Cant't you take the motor out of it's place thus releasing the window and being able to move it by hand?

Not that I know of? The motor part is supporting the window. And the problem is when its in the most up position there is no room to remove the green clamp. So I need to lower it but the motor is not working (broken). I have unbolted the 3 screws for the relais but no movement

That is realy tricky. Let us know how you fix it. Without having it before us, it's hard to imagine a fix, but you, having it on your sight, maybe you'll manage to discover a way of fixing it. Good luck!

Maybe when you undo the guiding rails of the window where the green block slides on you can move it around enough to get the window free from the block. Is it all the way closed? If not you could also remove the rubbers to create more moving space. Been a while since i had that apart so im not sure if it will help you tho.

I have looked at the threats thanks. The problem i am having is that I need to change the whole mechanism. And the issue is that the green knob is in the window hole. In order to get it out and release the window you need to lower it a bit. But thats the issue I can't lower my window. Or I don't know how

Attachments

• 12052014861.jpg
    12052014861.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20201213-125247_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201213-125247_Chrome.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Generally in this situation you would demount the window regulator and move this carefully out of the door and downward bringing the glass with it until you can access the clip. If that doesn’t work then try and remove the motor from the rest of the regulator so that you can then manually lower the glass, or cut the wire cables that support the glass on the old regulator as you’re fitting a new one hopefully with new cables failing that brute force and ignorance.

Window glass is inexpensive absolute worst case and you can’t find any other way to do it, break the glass and then put a new piece in there is however no step by step guide you just need to apply a bit of problem solving to the situation.

Last edited:
Cutting the cable was the main solution what I found on the Internet. However my problem is that I wanted to buy one from the scrapyard. So I could cut the cable of my car, but I need to find a way to dismount it from the scrapyard (so it brings me back to the same situation, I can't cut the cable or break the glass). I have tried to unbolt the 3 screws in order to move the regulator but I couldn't, I gues because of the weight of the window, for the two cars there was no wiggle room. While I was doubting whether it was possible to get the regulator off (without breaking the glass and such) I think it is a common problem, broken regulator, as I saw many regulators striped at the scrapyard (without breaking the glass). So I hoped it was a common problem and a easy solution to it.

Just buy one off eBay ? Or if the scrap yard won’t remove it for you and the glass gets broken so be it.

As I said you’d need to apply your own problem solving skills to the situation as you get there, there is no how to

Back