General Power window calibration

Currently reading:
General Power window calibration

Sergio Borg

I have a problem: my left rear power window (Tempra i.e 95) goes all the way up and then comes back about two inches as if it encouter an obstacle on the way up. I was told that's because when you disconnect the battery you need to recalibrate the power windows. Is that correct? If so, how the calibration is done?
Thanks.

I'm not sure is the answer to your question, but, I was always under the impression that electric windows used limit switches at the end of each of the windows mechanism, so can only assume that the lower switch may be being swithed prematurely by something cought in the mechanism. Perhaps there is some mechanical calibration required. My advice would be to take the door trim off the door, and inspect the mechanism, perhaps if you have a digital camera you might post a picture, somebody may know from looking at it what you have to do.

Hi Sergio, I have a '96 Tempra, and the manual says when youre disconnect the battery or there a complete power lost, you have to do a calibration steps to windows work fine. So do this procedure:
1) Turn off the battery disconnecting either the positive or negative wire
2) When your turn on again the battery, the auto close/open functions will not be functionally
3) Take a pen (a Bic one will do), and hold it on the top of the window, command a close of the window... When it reach's the pen hold the button on the door for a second or two. Then command and hold button for a complete open and close operation.

The window must be now calibrated and working fine. You must do this procedures both drive and passenger doors.

P.S.: Sorry about the poor english... :)

Back