General Power Steering Reset

Currently reading:
General Power Steering Reset

Hey guys, I've had this issue for a while but basically my power steering pulls to the left. I always assumed it was the tracking but I did the tracking and it goes straight when the steering wheel is straight and when I take the fuse out for the pas it doesn't pull so is there a way to reset it that doesn't involve paying someone with a laptop to do it lol. It's a pre-obd2 one btw.

Yeah it's one of the 2 options ticked on an otherwise complete base model, the other being metallic paint lol. One of my mates has vagcom so I'll see if I can get one of his cables to work with MultiECUScan at the weekend as I already have the 3 pin adapter that I bought years ago but never got round to using. Hopefully I'll figure out a way to sort it otherwise I'll just have to keep driving around with the pas fuse pulled out haha

The 899 citymatic (converted to manual) I picked up recently did the same. (899, electric windows, Central locking, power steering, metallic paint and an automatic clutch as standard)

Drove fine for a while then started trying to pull left, steering feels faster to the left as if it has more assistance in that direction too.

No idea what is the prompt to buy the car is being broken for spares anyway, in just pulling the fuel injection system off for a project.

Back