General Power steering pump and clutch cylinder

Currently reading:
General Power steering pump and clutch cylinder

Alyama

Hey guys,

Yes, its me and the Punto I'm starting to hate again :bang:

After getting a new battery and break cylinder, new tyres etc (all in the 3 months since I bought the car) I just got the car back from my garage - service was due - and apparently the clutch cylinder and the power steering pump are leaking.

Any ideas how much this is going to cost me? I'm not sure if its even worth getting it fixed to be honest, the car is a 98 and I've put about as much money into it for repairs as it took to buy it!

Any suggestions? And, is it safe to drive the car if these things are not fixed? And will I have to get it done straight away or how long will the clutch thing last in this condition?

Thanks for all your help! :worship:

these are pretty simple to do yourself if uve got the confidence
not too sure how much it would cost at a garage,but it wont be cheap
the leak on the powersteering might just be a split hose and as for the cluch you can pick up a seconhand cylinder for it
Depending where you live i could pop over and have a look at the problem for you(y)
if u look at my profile on here u can pm me or ring me
ALWAYS HAPPY TO HELP:D

Haha, i'd take you up on that offer if you can swim long distances? I'm in Ireland so that might be a bit difficult, thanks for the offer anyway!

I'm not sure should I have the confidence to touch the car myself - last time I had the "confidence" to put in a radio I ended up getting a new battery and had to take the radio out in the end...no one ever told me about rewiring it for a Punto :eek:

I'm honestly about to scrap that stupid car, it brought me only trouble so far :cry:The lad in my garage offered to put it in for 25 Euro if I bring him a clutch cylinder but I dont even know what one to get if I'm honest.

Hmm right bit far that:rolleyes:
my suggestion is get a mobile mechanic to it its cheaper than a garage and ask them about the problem leaks
just see if u can get a cylinder from a scrappy ,tell them what car its for and ask if theyll take it off for you give it to the mobile mechanic and they should sort it for u< thats the cheapest option i think , unlees like you said scrap it:eek:

Right will try that so! Thanks for the tip!

How soon will I have to get it fixed and is it dangerous to drive around with the clutch cylinder leaking? I'm driving to work and back every day (about 50 miles) and obviously dont want the car to break down on my way :(

Back