power steering light comes on and steering is heavy

Currently reading:
power steering light comes on and steering is heavy

ROYSTER 79

hello all, i have just brought an 04 fiat punto active and every now and again the steering light comes on and the steering goes really heavy! the only way i can stop this happening is to turn the engine off and start it again. im a novice when it comes to cars so i was wondering if anybody could help me solve this problem. thanks in advance!!!

cheers mate! if that solves the problem do i keep it on city mode or take it off coz its really heavy with it off

cheers mate! if that solves the problem do i keep it on city mode or take it off coz its really heavy with it off

Hi, :)
on a PC now.. so can be of more help.., :eek:

your steering relies on a LOT of electrical energy to work properly,
low power means it'll struggle.:(

https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-ii/342594-help-my-power-steering-light-start-here.html

diagnostics are better than just guessing,;)
however for the £30 to £50 they are likely to cost - you may as well get a new Bosch S4 battery via the web.

Charlie - Oxford

just a little update, iv turned the city steering off and it all seems ok! its been off for a couple of days now and even tho its quite heavy im happy with it. its only played up once in 3 days

just a little update, iv turned the city steering off and it all seems ok! its been off for a couple of days now and even tho its quite heavy im happy with it. its only played up once in 3 days
My 1st mk 2 was extremely bad for corrosion.and had lots of weird earthing issues. And the PAS was working fine.. yours needs work!
lots of how to .. guides on here.

Back