General Power Steering City Mode - On or Off

Currently reading:
General Power Steering City Mode - On or Off

Is the city mode normally on or off when you drive?

• On (i.e.lighter)

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Off (i.e. Heavier Steering at lower speeds)

Votes: 30 88.2%

• Total voters
I was thinking about this the other day how many people use the city button in the car.

Ive only ever switched it on once out of interest and didnt think it felt any different on the stilo at all, so i never used it again. Dunno about the punto though my old mk1 was too basic. Round here we all know it as the "sissy button" i think i even heard it called that in a magazine or car program once which is where we got it from.

A hydraulic PAS system does use fluid; well, it did in my Mondeo due to a small leak in the system :p - had to keep an eye on the level, and top it up every 2 months or so, else there was a 'rasping' sound when the wheel was turned.....

Stuart DemonD said:
A hydraulic PAS system does use fluid; well, it did in my Mondeo due to a small leak in the system :p - had to keep an eye on the level, and top it up every 2 months or so, else there was a 'rasping' sound when the wheel was turned.....

Surely having the button either on or off is just changing the pressure in the hydraulic system - thus requiring more fluid? I may well be wrong about that I have very little idea as to how PAS systems work!

It's an electric PAS system. Not hydraulic. If it were hydraulic it would be a very difficult to do such a thing.

Only had my Punto HGT for 5 days .

tried the city mode today to park in a tight spot, ( behind another HGT on Linthorpe Road middlesbrough outside Sommerfields' ). great for parking - tried driving off with it on - no feel what so ever, awful!

My wife on the other hand loves it - she picked the car up for me last week and drove arround with it on all day - deffo a " Girly Button" :D

Not for me - its light enough without it on.

Back