Technical Power loss help please peeps

Currently reading:
Technical Power loss help please peeps

hi guys, had my cinq on the road for few months now, 899cc sx :slayer:. but it has a bit of a power loss issue. will drive fine and runs spot on but every so often it holds back as if it has run out of petrol or the battery has been dis-connected and the injector light comes on and off every so often :bang:.
but it only happens for a second then it behaves fine. the problem is i cant trace it. i have put a new fuel filter on the car 2 months ago. then today i decided to have a crack at it so i changed the spi carb, coil packs, plugs/leads from my other cinq (which i know was all good) the problem now seems a bit less frequant and the injector light has not come on since. it pulls much better but still holds back every so often.

im running out of ideas :confused:, i figure it may be my crank sensor so gonna try that but what else could it be? any ideas welcome as im on the verge of trying to persuade it with a sledge hammer and some un-pleasant words:D:D:confused::cry:

seems to be. although the temp gauge runs pretty much cold unless the car is sitting still, then it rises to the right temp, then drops again pretty quick once you are moving. its not the gauge or the sensor at fault so thinking stat needs replacing. the power loss is strange though, makes no differance how you drive or what gear you are in, just splutters a couple of times then behaves again

thats what i figured mate. could the overfueling e causing the car to stammer every so often? this may sound likea dumb Q but how do you get the stat out of the housing. i assume you open the housing but how? roke the hosng on the other cinq so dont wanna reak this one lol

normal running temp for the cinq 899cc is 70c to 90c - 100c(fan kicks in at just under 100c).

i have just replaced the thermostat in mine, thinking it was getting too cold..but i guess not. :/

i have always been told that oil's best temp is 90c. so always aim for that, but with the 889cc engine being so small just the wind blowing on it at speed is enough to keep it under 90.c (70.c)
i ran a small test with my cento and covered the whole front end in a clear plastic bag to see if it would have any effect on the engines running temp at speed, and at 56mph on a 20 mile trip the engine temp was a steady 80-90c (inbetween so about 85c)
when stopped the fan cut in as normal letting the engine temp rise no higher than 100.c

though i have only ran this test once in the last few weeks, so i think in the winter when we start getting into the below -1c it will be something ill do.
i will see however, as i have only had the car a few months so i am still learning its ways.

hope this helps

my last sportin cinq, had like a breather pipe which had fell out, it would sumtimes not idle tidily or when you go round a corner and start usin the gas again would make like rut-tut-tut-tu sort of sound, but thats on a sportin couldnt tell u with the 900cc

when you pull up engine still runnin can u hear sumfin thats sounds like 1 of them can horns very faintly? every now and again?

Back