Styling Potential Alloys

Currently reading:
Styling Potential Alloys

Hi all,
What you reckon on these sprayed Anthracite with the silver edges left?
4b_1_b.JPG

To go on the Yellow Abarth :)

They're 14x7J's with right stud pattern (y) Only thing is offset is ET35, will i need spacers? I plan on lowering 40mm too

luke1985 said:
Hi all,
What you reckon on these sprayed Anthracite with the silver edges left?
4b_1_b.JPG

To go on the Yellow Abarth :)

They're 14x7J's with right stud pattern (y) Only thing is offset is ET35, will i need spacers? I plan on lowering 40mm too

thats a tough one dude.... IMO 7" are a bitch to fit properly as u run the risk of havin them stick out from the arches too much if the offsdt is wrong.

the lowerin wont be a problem with that size! its just the width, it would be a bit of a guessin game, as u want them as far into the arches as possible, but dont wanna comprimise full lock.

i would go for a 10mm spacer an hope that they dont stick out!

luke1985 said:
Cheers :)

Think i'll just hold out for some ML's then (y) Although theres some sei abarth ones just listed on ebay :chin:

Thought id ask now as they run out in a few hours :)

personally, i would say stick to 6" wide at the most.

but im tryin to figure some stuff out which should help with gettin wider wheels to fit!

an sei abarth ones on your car would look awesome (y)

7" wide plus a spacer, thats asking for trouble, my minilites are near enough the exact cinq fitment withoutspacers and look how much they stickout :p you`ll probably need a low offset to make them fit in the arches.

ps. dont do them in antracite, antracite is old news (n)

beastyjay said:
7" wide plus a spacer, thats asking for trouble, my minilites are near enough the exact cinq fitment withoutspacers and look how much they stickout :p you`ll probably need a low offset to make them fit in the arches.

u mean u need a higher offset ;)

the cinq has a negative offset, so the lower the number, the closer to the middle of the wheel the mounting surface is, meanin more of the width is in front of the hub, meanin the wheels stick out more.....

basically its a case of finding out how much spare room there is inside a cinq arch, then gettin the highest possible offset, which stuffs most of the wheel under the arch so they dont stick out enough....

i got some measuring / caculating to do, but i think i will be able to com up with a rough figure.

They could be the ones on german ebay who say they post to the uk...

Get em and get your arches flared!

mase said:
u mean u need a higher offset ;)

the cinq has a negative offset, so the lower the number, the closer to the middle of the wheel the mounting surface is, meanin more of the width is in front of the hub, meanin the wheels stick out more.....

basically its a case of finding out how much spare room there is inside a cinq arch, then gettin the highest possible offset, which stuffs most of the wheel under the arch so they dont stick out enough....

i got some measuring / caculating to do, but i think i will be able to com up with a rough figure.

alex found out for his smoors that an offset of about 15 is best suited for 7" wheels.

Yeah for these wheels to fit you will need to fit spacers as a 35mm off-set will foul either the struts or the arches at the fornt when turning.

I think the 18mm off-set does sound about right, therefore you would need 17mm spacers which funnily enough OMP do a 17.5mm spacer from rally Design which are reasonable at £36 a pair, and either longer bolts or preferred cjoice a stud and nut conversion as it will be eaiser to locate spacers and wheels on the hub.

You have to remember when working out off-set its different for diff widths os wheels so just because a 5 1/2 wheel has a standard off-set of 30.5 does not mean that a 6" wheel has the same, more like a 27mm offset woudl be better and so on and so forth.

There is a whole thread about off-sets and I have posted up sites on how you work this out.

Aaron.

beastyjay said:

Yours nowhere near the correct cinq/sei offset mate :eek: they leave loads of gap inbetween inner rim and trailing arm which just adds to the amount they stick out :p

they were correct to the normal size, not the correct size for 7" wide wheels :p

they were 30 something, thats why they stcuk out the arches....looked better anyway :D

jamie86 said:
Luke just looked on ebay they say they are 15's anyway!

There was 2 sets, one was 14", although according to their site, they only made 14's 6J wide - so musta been an error somewhere in there.

And Jay, I like anthracite :eek: Im going for the yellow and black throughout, so silver wheels will spoil it ;) Black/Anthracite centers and a polished lip should look the part though :)

beastyjay said:
they were 30 something, thats why they stcuk out the arches
If an 18mm offset on a 7" wide rim fits a Cinq right, then a 30mm offset would bring the alloy further into the arch not outwards.

Back