Technical Possible solution ! => Abarth selespeed slave cylinder

Currently reading:
Technical Possible solution ! => Abarth selespeed slave cylinder

baykah

Hello,

In the future I plan on doing the clutch on my abarth, I have a new flywheel took from ebay at 235€ :D but as some know, the slave cylinder is not buyable anymore.

The valeo 810000 ... but if you take a look, the 810001 is very close (it is the one from the manual version or the diesel JTD 1.9)

I got one for 40€ new on ebay recently, and with the used one I bought here, I decided to dismount them to compare both and ....

You can build a new one !

I took a few picture, the first clip hold everything in place, it is a little bigger in the recent one, but it doesn't matter.

I took the head from the old one, and noticed that the magnet ? platic mount is a clip and can be dismounted, I did the same with the new one and exchanged the sensor part.

The rubber dust protection is different, then I mounted the new bearing head with all the sealing in the old mount and voilà !

Bearing + tightness inside is new :)

I'm waiting the longest possible to change the clutch, so I will not be able to confirm this until then, but for the cost, if you have no other option, you should try.

Attachments

• fiat_1.jpg
    fiat_1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 258
  • fiat_2.jpg
    fiat_2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 123
  • fiat_3.jpg
    fiat_3.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 112
Hi

I am not sure if the slave cylinder from the selespeed is the same as the manual version, I would think they are.
The manual one you can still by from Fiat, original oem.

I would advise against a "quick fix / modification etc"

If it leaks the amount of work required, will not justify for it.

Last edited:
I don't understand your point

You mean that if you currently have a bad slave cylinder on your selespeed stilo (after clutch change for example, or after over pressure from an accumulator faillure, or just wear) you trash the car ?

There is only 2 options :
=> buy one used
=> try what I propose

The slave cylinder for the selespeed cannot be bought anymore, no one have stock.

EDIT: I get it, you mean change the clutch without changing the slave cylinder if it is not broken ?
Yeah, you are right !
When I will change the clutch I will assess the state of the old one :D and improvise/pray

Last edited:
In the good old days you never bought a new master/slave cylinder unless you were rich, or that yours was completely fubar, you bought a repair kit. Then after a few years 'copy' cylinders became available at a cheap price, and the skill to strip and change disappeared. However repair kits and the seals to virtually everything still exist, its how the refurb ones are built. The problem is with identifying the kit/seal you need which can be like seeking a proverbial 'needle in a haystack'.

Obviously if the manual one is the same then there's good sense in fitting a new one, equally if the existing is still serviceable then it will/should last a bit longer, and the option to build one out of the two is a third solution. Until you get it apart you're not going to know the best option.

Mind you.. this is why car forums exist (y) They're not just to show pictures of your "sick" deck-scraper on 22" rims. :D

If the mod' works then it's great that Baykah went to the time/trouble/cost to experiment with finding a solution to a hard-to-get component.

It's probably possible to find all the parts individually to overhaul the old one.. but the problem with a lot of modern components is that they aren't made to be overhauled - a lot of fittings are pressed together etc. and need to be "broken" and then put back together again.

So.. nice work that we (or Selespeed owners at least) have a potential fix.. :)

Ralf S.

Good initiative baykah. I wonder if it will all work. Keep us informed:)(y)

Yep, no idea, waiting as long as possible to change the damn clutch .. (I got also a flywheel ..)

I have spare second hand flywheel and slave cylinder. My Abarth was sold couple of weeks ago so I need to sell my spare parts. I have complete selespeed gearbox with selespeed ecu, cables, actuator assembly, valves, pump (new brushes and cleaned inside), acumulator (sphere), flywheel, cylinder, clutch, oil tank. If someone is interested for that parts you can contact me. Gearbox is from 2002 Abarth with 66.000km (42.000mil).

Hello, after few days of reflexion, i do this "swap" the last summer, and it's work perfectely, i share it on french forum.
I also changed the o-ring on the "old" slave cylinder, he is under the golden washer, on the back of the slave cylinder.
I have a "spare parts" in case :)

Mdr
I have spare second hand flywheel and slave cylinder. My Abarth was sold couple of weeks ago so I need to sell my spare parts. I have complete selespeed gearbox with selespeed ecu, cables, actuator assembly, valves, pump (new brushes and cleaned inside), acumulator (sphere), flywheel, cylinder, clutch, oil tank. If someone is interested for that parts you can contact me. Gearbox is from 2002 Abarth with 66.000km (42.000mil).
Hello do you still have this parts and of course the slave cylinder Selespeed

Back