Technical Poorly Clutch :(

Currently reading:
Technical Poorly Clutch :(

Alleycat

Project Franco
Franco has been having problems just recently involving the clutch pedal.
It has on two occasions stayed compressed down to about an inch off the floor after pressing it, however after getting my foot under it and lifting it it has behaved normally on both these occasions.
I thought maybe it was just the pedal getting stuck on something so thought not a lot of it.

However today, when I got in the car the clutch was compressed to an inch off the floorwithout me having pressed it down before, and it wouldn't move back up. It still acts as a clutch in a way, but you can just tell something isn't right with it.

Any ideas anyone? I think its going to be expensive :(

Thanks in advance
Becca x

Thanks all for your help :) Franco does need a new slave cylinder, found a pool of liquid under him yesterday afternoon :( and the seals on each end of it appear to be leaking. A mechanic friend tells me they usually go to the car being left standing, which does make sense as it had been stood two years when I got it, stood a lot of last year due to illness and a lot of this year due to injury lol!
Done a bit of research and have decided to call Platts as it seems main dealer is the cheapest place to get these sorts of parts from (as usual, I love Fiat :) )
Was quoted £50 from the local car parts place :eek:
I'll let you all know how I get on, thanks again for the help :)
Becca

Platts quoted £35, though been on the phone to a friend at Potteries Motor Factors and they want £25 :) sold!
Going to have a look at it see if I think i'll be able to do it myself, though likely will get a friend to fit it :p it's a push on one as opposed to a screw on one, don't know if that makes any difference..

Back