Technical poor idle sedci

Currently reading:
Technical poor idle sedci

swiss al

Sorry sure there is someone who will know the anwser i had a tipo 2litre 16v about 12 years ago and stupidly sold it as it was idleing poorly and as you went a long at low revs it would judder anyway i have now bought anouther one which only had 55000 miles on it and i love it but it is doing the same thing now it is driving me made anyone have an anwser

Your problem could in part be the idle control valve - the coke can sized thing that is piped into the induction system. Give it a clean with carb cleaner. Also check for induction leaks. Some of the "judder" at low revs is I think more to do with the pollution control system fitted. A clean of the EGR valve if fitted sometimes helps. Or you could just go quickly all the time!!

i've had same problem with mine for 2 years now but just changed the idle valve other day and it is running ok now, i cleaned the one i had on first but that made no difference so just changed it. what i did for the 2 years i was having the problem was turned the tick over up a little bit to stop it stalling.

Back