IMGP1160.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) Polly The Blue MK2 Punto 5 Door ELX!

Introduction

Been on the forum for aaages now, onto my second punto and loving the Fiat family! Patsy the mk1 has been gone 2 months now :( gone but not forgotten. But out with the old and in with the new MK2 5 door called Polly!

Had it for two months now just havent gotten round to making a thread. I bought it for £300 with a broken clutch... but it wasnt the clutch it was just the slave cylinder had burst so whipped the broken one out fired in the new one bled it and off we go!

Im loving subtley modding the punto so far I've

De bump stripped
Sporting Alloy Wheels in satin black
Sporting centre console
Painted the headunit surround in silver
Painted the instrument surround in silver
Debadged the Fiat logo
New Headunit
Big Sub in the boot!
Good polish

My plans are:
Abarth sideskirts
Loooow! (hopefully in the next week)
Upgrade speaker components
Stainless Stee
IMGP1160.JPG
l exhaust system for the sound!

Plus lots more which I've for
IMGP1161.JPG
gotten!

Anyway heres a few photos of it, all comments appreci
IMGP1162.JPG
ated good and bad
Hope you like it! I know I definately do!

https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/500/Punto214.jpghttps://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/data/500/IMGP1162.JPG
Punto214.jpg
Yeah it was pretty easy, plus I got help from my brother in law who works in a bodyshop so i got good tips and paint from him!

pretty sure theres a guide in the punto section, i didnt use it but others have with good results

Oh, want to colour code my mirrors aswell soon!

Definately looking gd :)

really like the alloys,It would look nice lowered 35mm or 50mm!!

keep up the gd work mate (y)

Not the best photo, i took it 5 minutes ago and the flash changes how it looks, this is the centre console i got from the scrappys for a fiver! still need to put the bit with the window switches etc on but its too cold at the moment!

Oh i also want a focus induction kit...

IMGP1258.JPG

My blue footwell neons came today! i plugged them onto an old battery to see what tey look like(y) Just got to fit them now! Ha they have an inline switch because im guessing they would get annoying...but i stil want to be able to show off with them when theres a chance!

Also I fitted my xenon-lookalike-blue-ultra-bright-fancy hee haw bulbs. theyre actally quite good, have a blue tinge to them but they are much brighter than standards and are less yellow, also got free LED sidelights which was a bonus! Theyre quite cool must admit!

Aaaaand the car passed its MOT on friday morning after me working on it from 6.00pm thurday night till 2.00am friday morning! changed both front wish bones track rod end and brake pads and discs! chuffed about that!

Just a few updated piccys, snow is melting around our area!! But unfortunately its turning to ice.. went for a drive today and didnt go over 30! Saved me lots of petrol though(y)

Got a big dent in the passengers door(n) But it should just pop out hopefully
Also got my footwell neons in! I quite like them actually, i dont drive with them but its handy when i drop my phone and money and stuff! Cant say its a waste when they cost six pound!

IMGP1305.JPG
IMGP1311.JPG
IMGP1308.JPG
IMGP1312.JPG
IMGP1317.JPG

hey, your 5 doors looking good. am i right in saying some of your pics are taken in kinross? think a may have seen your car kicking about aswell. dono if you have seen my punto, red 5 door on the same wheels and lowerd on coilies?

cheers

hey, your 5 doors looking good. am i right in saying some of your pics are taken in kinross? think a may have seen your car kicking about aswell. dono if you have seen my punto, red 5 door on the same wheels and lowerd on coilies?

cheers

Cheers man, ive seen your thread and yours is looking pretty decent aswell! Yeah some of them were down the loch, ive seen your car but only when ive been walking not driving ha so yeah you probs have seen it :)

Im actually frineds with you on facebook ha, reece brown, i thought you were one of my cousins called reece aswell thats why i added you then noticed you had a tasty Punto :) Im stewart brown btw!

Long time no update!

Not done any mods as such to the car but done alot of work... a couple of weeks ago clutch release beaing seized and resulted in major destroyedageable of the clutch and gearbox :/ so in ent a new clutch and gearbox and starter motor went aswell :/ did it all myself with no previous experience of really big important jobs like that anyway!! I really enjoyed learning and trying it out though :)

I have pictures of the clutch on my twitter, I'll try get them onto this as soon as!

I recently bought 286 white bulbs for the centre console which should be arriving saturday hopefully! Although when i get the time to fit them...no idea!

Looking at changing the speedo SMD's but I've hard its a bit of a bugger..:/ any experienced people out there give us a shout!

I'm also thinking of getting canbus 501 LED bulbs for the sidelights, number plate and interior light! I did have normal leds on the sidelights but they put the warning light on, canbus sorts that right?

Oh and my MPG at the moment is 43.5 :):)

Back