Votes: 7 58.3%
  • t-cut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • colour magic

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • mer

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
The problenm with carnuaba (sp) wax is that it takes a fine layer of paint off the car, so if you use it regularly it will strip all the paint off. Its alot like Mer in that respect.

It shouldn't do Chris, Pure carnauba wax takes nothing away from your paint. It's simply a wax that seals in the polish that you should have applied beforehand.

I recommend Meguiar's 3 step, stage one is paint restorer (the one that takes a layer of the paint away) stage two is a high polish that gets the paint shiny, and stage 3 is a carnauba wax that seals the shine in.

Absolutely fantastic results. check them out:

coupe29.jpg

Be warned though - You need about 9 hours to do it properly :eek: and you need stamina in your w*nking hand for a good job. Get practicing now! (y)

I thought you meant Poles!
I was going to say I use three on mine. Emilia washes because she looks better with a wet T shirt, Lukasz dries the car and Syzmon waxes it.
I've got Cristina from Equador to give it a shine after!

wheres all the other hundreds of other products that are probably on the market, there isnt just 4 (2 which are wrong) is there????

pinin__prestatyn said:
I recommend Meguiar's 3 step, stage one is paint restorer (the one that takes a layer of the paint away) stage two is a high polish that gets the paint shiny, and stage 3 is a carnauba wax that seals the shine in.

Absolutely fantastic results. check them out:

Be warned though - You need about 9 hours to do it properly :eek: and you need stamina in your w*nking hand for a good job. Get practicing now! (y)

I'll second that. I had to refurb a mates 1991 Honda Prelude, and he gave me the Meguiars 3 stage kit to work on it. The results speak for themselves. This is a 15 year old car with largely original paintwork (part of the front end has been resprayed at some point though).

To save spoiling your 'w*nking hand' as Pinin so quaintly put it :p , get one of those orbital buffing machines. The owner of the Prelude lent one to me so I could do his car and it made the job so much easier and quicker.

Shame I had to give the Meguiars and buffer back before I had a chance to work on my Fiat :bang:

Attachments

• Meguires & Prelude.jpg
    Meguires & Prelude.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
1986Uno45S said:
To save spoiling your 'w*nking hand' as Pinin so quaintly put it :p , get one of those orbital buffing machines.

Thats almost good enough to quote in a sig!

What is the stuff that Sturgess use? Cant think of the name, but it comes with two bottles...........wait for it................Bottle 1 and Bottle 2!!

Sturgess charge about £350 (i think) for a clean with this stuff, but it is amasing. my uncle got hold of a couple of bottles, and used it on his avensis - brought it up so good.

Back