police rant

Currently reading:
police rant

t

and chas, i did really want to indicate to move over cos the unos indicators dont work properly and i didnt want to get pulled for faulty lights or not indicating.

lol you will get flammed for dodgy indicators now, just report it some one will look into both sides of story, volume of traffic and so on and if they was bad they get told off if you was bad you get told off,

well they work, if you think that indicators flashing too fast is going to cause problems then you really are stupid lol, they just arnt technically upto mot standards.

tbh the only reason i was pissed off with the police was the way he shouted at me when i never even said a word, if he was polite etc i would of been happy but he went off on one when he really didnt need to.

Last edited:
well they work, if you think that indicators flashing too fast is going to cause problems then you really are stupid lol, they just arnt technically upto mot standards..

So why didn't you use them? Oh yeah they are ilegal :p you were scared in case you got pulled :p

tbh the only reason i was pissed off with the police was the way he shouted at me when i never even said a word, if he was polite etc i would of been happy but he went off on one when he really didnt need to.

That's understandable but with everything else you've said I think it's probably best not to report it ;)

Personally I'd report it. If what you say in your account is true it needs attention and they acted inappropriately. There's no need for a Police Office to "loose it" no matter what the circumstances are, if they can't keep their cool dealing with something trivial like that they shouldn't be in the Police force full stop.

No one knows why the police car was in a hurry. It may have been to save somebodys life or to deal with a serious incident. The last thing they need is idiot drivers to get in the way.

Well if it were an emergency shouldn't he have undertaken Beau?

I'm sure recently there been some ad's on TV telling you what to do if emergency vehicle is coming and needs to pass and they said bottom line "don't panic, and we'll find our way around you" :confused:

Well if it were an emergency shouldn't he have undertaken Beau?

I'm sure recently there been some ad's on TV telling you what to do if emergency vehicle is coming and needs to pass and they said bottom line "don't panic, and we'll find our way around you" :confused:

If Beau had adhered to the Highway Code then there wouldn't have been an issue and the Police car wouldn't have to contemplete breaching road traffic rules as result. If the Police car had undertaken Beau and an accident resulted then what? The Police would be chastised for carrying out a dangerous manouvre and no doubt the Cop haters would have a field day whining about it.

Read the whole thread again, Beau has already revealed that he drove a car with faulty indicators, refused to move over on a dual carriageway with a Police car behind him and then tailgated the Police car once once he did. Then he cries that the Police pulls him over and speaks to him in a raised voice. Boo hoo, cry me a feckin river, the big bad Policeman shouted at him. Good is what I say, about time more incompetent drivers are given a dressing down and made to realise they can't do what they want when they want whilst disregarding the rules of the road.

Sometime Beau you post threads that indicate that you are finally maturing and growing up into an adult. This unfortunately isn't one of them...

If Beau had adhered to the Highway Code then there wouldn't have been an issue and the Police car wouldn't have to contemplete breaching road traffic rules as result. If the Police car had undertaken Beau and an accident resulted then what? The Police would be chastised for carrying out a dangerous manouvre and no doubt the Cop haters would have a field day whining about it.

Don't bite my head off! I'm only going by what this government ad said!

Well John said that's its immune from some, so this may well be one?

I dunno. I give up. All I know is that there are good and bad cops, and no matter what Beau did or didn't do, he shouldn't have been sworn at!

refused to move over on a dual carriageway with a Police car behind him

you arnt reading right, i said as soon as he flashed i moved over.

and everyone seems to disregard that fact of him swerving in and out of my lane on a round about with no indication or warning lights.. hence my move to follow him.

Last edited:
Don't bite my head off! I'm only going by what this government ad said!

Well John said that's its immune from some, so this may well be one?

I dunno. I give up. All I know is that there are good and bad cops, and no matter what Beau did or didn't do, he shouldn't have been sworn at!

Sorry Jon, the above wasn't aimed at you. I just get fed up with many drivers thinking they can disregard authority and then start whining when they get told off.

As for the swearing, this is what Beau thought before he was even pulled over:

then he flashes me (full beams) so i think ****ing ignorant **** and move into the left lane

With an attitude like that can it be surprising that the Policeman had a stern word with him? He also said the Policeman 'swore' at him but didn't say what exactly was said. All a bit one sided at the moment isn't it?

At the end of the day if Beau hadn't sat in the outside lane of a dual carriageway and obstructed a Police car, or any driver for that matter, then this situation probably wouldn't have happened.

you arnt reading right, i said as soon as he flashed i moved over.

No Beau, you aren't reading the Highway Code right. You pull back into an inner lane after overtaking as soon as it is safe to do so. You don't wait for the Police car behind you to flash you. What bit about overtaking in the Highway Code don't you understand?

and everyone seems to disregard that fact of him swerving in and out of my lane on a round about with no indication or warning lights.. hence my move to follow him.

And you don't know why he was doing this because you aren't a Policeman, and since when has a driver who doesn't understand lane discipline and drives a car with faulty indicators been in a position to monitor the Police? Beau, just accept you cocked up and got told off. If you are so intent that you are right and they are wrong then go ahead and make a complaint, though as mentioned before bear in mind you were most likely on camera during all this. This also included when you were pulled over, which probably included everything that both you and the copper said.

You plonker Beau. If there's no need for you to be in the right hand lane, stay out of it. Glad you got pulled over and if them being polite about it doesn't get it into your skull, maybe them being brutally honest with you will do.

Even if you had to pay £250 for the car cctv system, wouldn't it be worth it ?
You could drop footage from forward cam plus the passenger cam onto disk, you would have the whole incident from where you overtook the car to where the copper pulled you over and swore at you.
It would show just how long you lingered in the right hand lane, it would show the police swerving throught the lanes on the roundabout etc etc.

This might have been suggested already, but maybe the Police Officer did the whole lane switching thing as an indication to the OP that he should be in the inside lane....?

A bit like when pull across a middle lane hogger on an empty Motorway and they look at you like "What are you doing that for?"

:eek:

tbh, it doesnt matter what beau did, theres no way he should have been spoken to the way he was by that officer. especially seeing a beau said nothing to prevoke that reaction!

We are only hearing Beau side of the story though...and seeing as he said his car wasn't road worthy etc...I'm sure there is a lot more to this than hes saying.

i dont think it really matters what happened before he flashed his blue lights to stop me, i stopped immediatly and did not say a word and he shouted and swore, what else is there to say? im not moaning about what happened before being pulled after- forget that, its what happened after being pulled over.

Has this been followed up then? It has been a couple of days since the incident

And the T-eye cameras would record everything - that's occupants' reactions, what they said plus what th police did and said.
If the OP's version is exactly what happened then the T-eye would have captured all that, including the police launching an unprovoked verbal assault.

And the T-eye cameras would record everything - that's occupants' reactions, what they said plus what th police did and said.
If the OP's version is exactly what happened then the T-eye would have captured all that, including the police launching an unprovoked verbal assault.

Leaving them in very deep doodoo :devil:

Must admit I'd like one even if I primarily use it as a Track Cam :slayer: :D

Back