PNLs Hospital Visit

Currently reading:
PNLs Hospital Visit

bloomfieldliam said:
Not good news but I gather from news and TV that they are clever when it comes to fixing this, he'll be back drawing and painting in no time.

Liam

Ah yes and this is just one of his many talents as well as playing his didgeridoo:D

poggy said:
I was in the car with my boss driving down the road at night once when he mentioned that he had cataracts in both eye's and really couldn't see in the dark.

I hope he wasn't driving.

MATT 68 said:
Hi honesty, sorry to hear about Philand his eye(n) . As long as he dont lose his outlook on life im sure he,ll be ok(y) . In the mean time tell him i await his return to FF and i,ll keep an eye out for his next post!( God, thats nearly as bad as one of Phils!!):yuck:

Sorry Matt missed this post, with a full time job and now my additional responsibilities of anwering all these posts, not enough hours in the day.:p

Don't worry he will be back soon and you know Phil he won't change his outlook on life his ideals are set in stone. (y)

Well I'm off to work know so will leave you in peace.:)

CheeseMaster said:
I hope he wasn't driving.

He was driving, which is why I was quite nervous. After that I drove until he had his operation, trouble was he got used to being driven so I almost always had to drive when we went out.

You sure its a cataract? They don't suddenly come on like that unless theres been some kind of trauma to the eye. The net curtain vision sounds like a detached retina. But again the operation for that is very quick too, and its very common as well.
And why will he have to wear bifocals after? Are they not going to replace the lens with an implant?
:cool:

pink pixie said:
You sure its a cataract? They don't suddenly come on like that unless theres been some kind of trauma to the eye. The net curtain vision sounds like a detached retina. But again the operation for that is very quick too, and its very common as well.
And why will he have to wear bifocals after? Are they not going to replace the lens with an implant?
:cool:

I initially thought that it may have been a detached retina, but Phil had extensive tests and the Consultant confirmed that its a cataract at the back of the eye.

We will find out more at the next clinic appointment in six weeks time, the Consultant mentioned they would have to try to balance the vision as near as possible, but yes he said Phil will have to wear bifocals.

dave said:
he dont have to change them, just not post them:p

Like I said Phil is not going to change, and if he decides to come back on FF there's a possibility that he may be banned again, so he may decide not to bother. :chin:

Lol, get Phil to write down his non-Stilo related posts on a notepad, or better still email them to the mods for us to check :p

Would be good to have him back though, hope he does decide to rejoin the Stilo massive. :)

I have no idea why Phil was banned but he was always nice to me and very helpful. I hope he does decide to come back he will be sorely missed especially on the stilo forum.
I'm sure his eye will be fine although the operation is uncomfortable it is definatly worth it my nan was completely different afterwards, it gave her back her independance.
i hope PNL will return old place won't be the same without him.

A cataract is nothing to do with the back of the eye? Its a opaque(ness) is the crystalline lens which is situated just behind the iris in the anterior chamber of the eye.
Sorry its just that everyday I have to explain to old dears at work that it not life threatening and that their eye's not about to fall out. :rolleyes:

He could try contact lenses or have varifocal glasses? Bifocals are alot more ageing on a person. (n)

Either way the operation is dead quick and simple and there are loads of them carried out across the country every day so its nothing to be worried about. (y)

He will probably find that his vision will be even better than before.
;)

dave said:
you dont look in the history or favorits section then? :devil:

Oh that's nasty... you're gonna get him his other eye blacked! (If he's looking at Favorits he has more that eyesight problems...) Hope PNL does decide to return and all the best with the eye! (y)

pink pixie said:
A cataract is nothing to do with the back of the eye? Its a opaque(ness) is the crystalline lens which is situated just behind the iris in the anterior chamber of the eye.
Sorry its just that everyday I have to explain to old dears at work that it not life threatening and that their eye's not about to fall out. :rolleyes:

He could try contact lenses or have varifocal glasses? Bifocals are alot more ageing on a person. (n)

Either way the operation is dead quick and simple and there are loads of them carried out across the country every day so its nothing to be worried about. (y)

He will probably find that his vision will be even better than before.
;)

Phil already has bifocals but finds it very had to wear them as he suffers from meniere's disease caused by multiple operations on his ears, the exact term used by the consultant was growth/cataract on the back of the eye, I can only repeat what I have been told, I too have to advise elderly people as I am a Care Manager running two residential homes for the elderly, hence my long shifts.:)

wotnowarninglight said:
Oh that's nasty... you're gonna get him his other eye blacked! (If he's looking at Favorits he has more that eyesight problems...) Hope PNL does decide to return and all the best with the eye! (y)

I will be glad if he does return, but he will be posting less as his eye cannot take the strain. :(

Be interesting to know what it actually is in his eye.....

He will prob have more porblems with vari's too, they can cause dizzyness and sickness worse than bifs. :spin:

I work in an opticians and am just completing my degree so all of this stuff is something which I can relate too. :rolleyes:

Keep me updated :)

Just thought I would bump this thread because on Monday last the 3rd I finally had the op ..its been hard going for nearly two years and now the bandages have come off its nice to be able to see again ..I wont be on much for the next few weeks and cant drive for some time either but that's a small price to pay and I can be patient for a while longer ..it will be around 4/5 weeks before I go back to see the consultant for a clinic visit and cant get my specks made until after that ..I better get off now cos I'm not supposed to be on the PC so take care all and see you all soon in the future ..all the best from me PNL [Phil ]and the wife Honesty57 [June] by for now fiat forum and see you soon :slayer:

PS if anyone wishes to contact me then you can do it through email as June will be on from day to day..

pleased the op went well mate, its never nice when you have to put your faith in medical science and hope for the best.

Back