PNLs Hospital Visit

Currently reading:
PNLs Hospital Visit

honesty57

Phil had a problem with the vision in his right eye yesterday.

When he got up he said he couldn't focus properly, and said it was like looking through a dense net curtain.

He thought it would go away, and this morning was reluctant to visit the GP, but I insisted that he should have it checked out.
After visiting the GP this morning, this resulted in an emergency visit at the eye clinic this afternoon.
Phil had various tests, drops inserted etc, the doctor confirmed that Phil has a cataract and will need surgery to remove it.

At the moment it is still legal for Phil to drive, he has a follow up appointment at the eye clinic, and then on the next visit approximately six months time it will be for Day Surgery to have the cataract removed.

To say he is nervous is and understatement he is petrified of surgery, especially on himself.

I am sure Phil will describe how he feels in more graphic details, when he returns after his ban.

Eek, not good, but at least it has been diagnosed, and I would imagine it is a pretty 'routine' procedure now :)

Good on you for forcing him to make the initial visit ;) what's he like.....

Stuart DemonD said:
Eek, not good, but at least it has been diagnosed, and I would imagine it is a pretty 'routine' procedure now :)

Good on you for forcing him to make the initial visit ;) what's he like.....

Whats he like petrified :eek: The biggest concern for Phil is it's a local anaesthetic injection under the eye, so he will be awake and in his words whilst they pop his eye out (what a sight for sore eyes) pardon the pun.

Maybe an improvement on his looks lol :p

Last edited:
Well, at least he won't be able to see what is happening ;)

Talking about eyes, a friend of ours had her eyes fixed by surgery, long before lasers were pioneered. I think it was in Australia, and the surgeon did it by using a scapel and a very steady hand :eek:

had 3 ops on my left eye under local, its a weird situation to be in for me anyway cus i cannot even watch holby without cringing, but after it the worse part was the injection.

But different people have differnt thresholds he'll be ok

shouldn't have to worry about driving either im blind in one eye and the dvla where fine aslong as i told them.

Stuart DemonD said:
Well, at least he won't be able to see what is happening ;)

Talking about eyes, a friend of ours had her eyes fixed by surgery, long before lasers were pioneered. I think it was in Australia, and the surgeon did it by using a scapel and a very steady hand :eek:

The cataract is at the back of the eye in his central vision.

He will need to wear BiFocals after, Phil told the Doctor he would rather have Stilo head lamps with light covers :rolleyes:

I used to be a medical secretary for a consultant ophthalmologist (eye surgeon) and decided to watch what they do in cataract surgery .... tell him its so routine he's no worries.

as he's got that long to wait, its obviously not urgent, so he should be ok.

Not good news but I gather from news and TV that they are clever when it comes to fixing this, he'll be back drawing and painting in no time.

Liam

Poondash said:
had 3 ops on my left eye under local, its a weird situation to be in for me anyway cus i cannot even watch holby without cringing, but after it the worse part was the injection.

But different people have differnt thresholds he'll be ok

shouldn't have to worry about driving either im blind in one eye and the dvla where fine aslong as i told them.

I'm sorry to here that you have lost your sight in one eye at such a young age.

Our daughter after having surgery on both eyes lost the vision in one eye.

Phil read your post which confirmed the worse part was the injection, his worst nightmare.

I told him not to worry as he shouldn't having a problem with fainting as he will be lying down when they do it.:D

Can't he just close his eyes when they come out with that huge needle :eek:

Actually, I hate hospitals. Not so bothered about injections and stuff, just hate being in hospitals, hope it all goes well for him.

It's weird how it's come on all of a sudden, I always presumed these things occurred over a long period :confused:

fiatangel said:
I used to be a medical secretary for a consultant ophthalmologist (eye surgeon) and decided to watch what they do in cataract surgery .... tell him its so routine he's no worries.

as he's got that long to wait, its obviously not urgent, so he should be ok.

Thanks for your reassurance.:)

The Doctor confirmed what most of you have said a routine type of operation, its doesn't make him feel any better though.:cry:

Hi honesty, sorry to hear about Philand his eye(n) . As long as he dont lose his outlook on life im sure he,ll be ok(y) . In the mean time tell him i await his return to FF and i,ll keep an eye out for his next post!( God, thats nearly as bad as one of Phils!!):yuck:

Poor PNL, i blame people who went to max power they were posting and commenting on the women wearing hardly any clothes at the event, must have been too much for PNL. :D

sorry to hear bout it, im not a fan of needles but sure PNL will be fine. :)

Last edited:
honesty57 said:
I'm sorry to here that you have lost your sight in one eye at such a young age.

Our daughter after having surgery on both eyes lost the vision in one eye.

Phil read your post which confirmed the worse part was the injection, his worst nightmare.

Tell him not to worry my last message kinda reads wrong the injection is the only thing u feel once uve had it u dont feel nothing, as for me i was born blind so you dont miss something you aint got, id say the worse thing of it all is wearing BiFocals they really mess with ur head for the first couple of weeks.

Poondash said:
id say the worse thing of it all is wearing BiFocals they really mess with ur head for the first couple of weeks.

think my mum would agree with that, when she first had bifocals she said everything was really weird, it felt like there were steps when there wasnt ... she was fine with them after a few days.

its not nice thinking about the unknown, but try not to worry Phil.

KoArAnG said:
Can't he just close his eyes when they come out with that huge needle :eek:

Actually, I hate hospitals. Not so bothered about injections and stuff, just hate being in hospitals, hope it all goes well for him.

It's weird how it's come on all of a sudden, I always presumed these things occurred over a long period :confused:

LOL Now how BIG is that needle.:devil: He will definitely close his eyes but someone needs to come and administer medication with a big mallet.:sleep:

Not sure how long this cataract has been present but Phil has complained for a while of irritation in his eye.

Back