plusnet bb + belkin modem/router

Currently reading:
plusnet bb + belkin modem/router

i got plus net around someones house, it cam with strange usb modem that worked like a dial up one but it was broad band, they have now bought a belking wireless hub/router modem thing.
i have head ache with it :(
some times it wont let me talk to the thing through ie when i put the address in to talk to it it says cant coz i not on line :( i mess about then can get into it i add all the user name n pass word for the isp, i chose isp automatically gives ip address, click next it then says that page cant be seen as i off line, it then goes to the windows error page :confused: :cry:
i mees about with trying all sorts of things but cant do it right :(
now is saying lan isnt working fully with an
icon4.gif
over the icon in system tray

in network conections at his house laptop, its showing 2 lan conections, could it be someone has tried to add another and thats messing it all up?

because just come up the yard to check settings on here as its plusnet as well and that the only diffrence.
also does user name have @plusdsl.net on the end or just use the first bit?

Do you know what you are doing? :chin:

I can't recall username bit, will need to check on my router settings later - tried to get in from work, but looks like I have locked down remote access.

Can you plug the laptop into the router by ethernet cable, to set it up? Then you will need to change DUP as well.

yeah pluged modem into router with ethernet cable.
i dont usally have no problems, usally i just follow quick start instructions and every thing works, but 2 other people played with this one before i got there, so i dont know what they did, i reset the router by the little hole and did a system restore but still not know :(

dave said:
ithe usb modem used the dial up box for some reason,
That's right, it is not a router - so nothing untoward there. My old Speedtouch did the same - used dialup settings to log onto the net, now my router is on 24/7.

daves half way there connexion type PPPoE but wen he clicks connenct it dont. but he get no errors.
hpoe this means something 2 any one cuz it dont 2 me lol

Back