General Please read, opinion on car.

Currently reading:
General Please read, opinion on car.

Tonezz

Seen a stilo abarth for just under £2500, 59,000 miles on it. Are they this cheap for a reason? Cost alot to maintain? Insurance group 15 so that would cost alot in insurance too.

How old is the car? £2500 sounds about right for a 03 or 53 plate Stilo Abarth with that mileage, any newer than a 53 plate then id be wondering why it's only £2500.

Do bear in mind however, that Abarths are cheap because of the amount they now cost to tax, aswell as being in high insurance groups, drinking quite abit of fuel, and sometimes suffering from costly Selespeed Gearbox problems, so the seller may just have over-estimated how much these things put off potential buyers & put it up for £2500 to get a quick sale.

All stilo's have a poor resale value due to them having a FIAT badge on them! £2500 for an abarth gets you a LOT of car for the price, just make sure it's got a full service history. (y)
Karl

I just bought a 1.6 active sport for 2000+ 500 trade in on my old corsa. it had 53k on the clock.
so if your getting a full abarth for the same price, with a similar millage, lucky dam you! :)

How old is the car? £2500 sounds about right for a 03 or 53 plate Stilo Abarth with that mileage, any newer than a 53 plate then id be wondering why it's only £2500.

Do bear in mind however, that Abarths are cheap because of the amount they now cost to tax, aswell as being in high insurance groups, drinking quite abit of fuel, and sometimes suffering from costly Selespeed Gearbox problems, so the seller may just have over-estimated how much these things put off potential buyers & put it up for £2500 to get a quick sale.

Abarths arent a lot to tax, £215 for a year going upto £245 - my mums 307cc costs the same (2.0 16v) - theres much higher on the road

59k? Might be someone getting rid due to it needing a major service., might need cambelt/waterpump/tensioner/variator doing?

See how many owners its got too, the selespeeds arent bad so long as they are maintained properly.

I pay £385 fully comp with mods for the year, 2 years no-claims.

Do your homework first, but they are a nice car with a lot of kit for not a lot of money.

Dan

Back