Technical please please help

Currently reading:
Technical please please help

As the tread below really, just fitted a high pressure fuel pump, but on first turn of the ignition it blows the 15 amp fuse or the blue one in the pic. Ive checked the wiring over and over and its fine, I only had to unplug and plug 2 wires as well!!!! Ive now run out of fuses to play about with :bang: So could anyone please tell me some possibilites why a new pump would make the fuse blow, plus any suggestions how to solve it, and maybe what to look for, I really need my car working pretty soon
Thanks guys (y)
ABCD0004.JPG

well if the wiring isnt shorting out i would be thinking of finding out the power rating of the pump as if it draws higher amps than the 15amp the fuse on the circuit allows then it will pop all day.
you can try a higher fuse to test if it works for a brief few seconds however if theres a pump/wiring fault then this isnt the safest method of testing.
i would contact the suppliers ofr tech info.
post up the pump details here

Thanks guys. Heres the update... I put the old pump back on and guess what it blows!!! so I completly disconnected the pump by the plug, turned the key one turn and pop it blows, so the main pump is ok. I really dont know what to do. Does anybody know what the blue 15 amp fuse controls in the pic??? The only other thing that happend was, I disconnected the cat and it slumped forward pulling on the lambda sensor wire, Ive checked this and there are no breaks, I cant see how this has and connection to my problem, its just another theory..... Im screwed I think, any more help would be great, thanks

Disconnect your battery and use a ohmmeter to check the resistance between earth (body) and the live at the pump, high resistance means its ok, low resistance (near enought 0) means it touching the body somewhere.

Back