Technical Please help!

Currently reading:
Technical Please help!

Hi,

I've got 3 1.1 cinq's :D with one being modified. The modified one is lowered 60mm and has an induction kit. The rocker box cover filter keeps seeping oil and I've read in the Haynes manual to check the crank case breather......but I can't see it anywhere. Please could anyone point me in the right direction?

You can't find it because it is gone. Where you have the breather filter used to be the the breather pipe.

Use some proper (Forte) engine flush and run the car for two days with it (adding to the oil).

Then drain and change oil filter.

I've used the Forte stuff before and my Cinq is fine, Forte are the Daddies for flush products.

I think he means his cam cover gasket is done, so a new one for £4, some instant gasket over the cam lobes and he will be sorted.

Liam

oilman said:
dave said:

Dave,

Thanks for the pm.

Generally we do not recomend flushes, most are kerosene or paraffin mixes and the trouble with them is they over clean and can often remove important deposits made by the original bedding in process.

If you feel you engine really needs a flush. the best way to do it is by using regular good quality oil.

Flushing Procedure (Don’t use flushing oils or additives)

1. Warm up engine to get oil circulating
2. Turn off engine and drain old oil
3. Fill with new oil to minimum (you will be wasting this)
4. Warm up engine to get oil circulating
5. Turn off engine, drain new oil and change filter
6. Fill to marker on dipstick

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Guy.
;)

Thanks, I thought that was the one. But a mechanic told me that it's blowing from there due to the crank case breather running from the bottom of the engine to the cam cover was blocked. Hence my confusion! Not knowing loads about engines doesn't help.

Thanks again, and I will try the flusher.

The only breather on the F.I.R.E engines is on the cam cover! The entire engine breathes through this, there is no separate crankcase breather. Unless the filter is clogged with white deposits I would say thats normal! The only way to solve the problem is to route the breather into the induction system! What induction kit are you running, if it's a custom set up how have you done it?

Jon+Em

Thanks!

It's a K&N air filter straight on to the injector head(K&N on the breather). Then a cross pipe from the existing intake pipe up to the filter with a custom fan tail on it.

It's just like a cone. There is a small pipe that fits in the bottom but I presumed this was something to do with the vacume sensor or something.
The fan tail mates around one side of the cone for air delivery.

Back