Technical Please Help With My Problem!

Currently reading:
Technical Please Help With My Problem!

aad4m

I have a fiat grande punto 1.2 active 5dr on a 57 plate.
Before i explain my problem, this car is accident repaired so the warranty is void on this veichle.

Right my problem is that display panel is showing the engine management light and its constantly on or has been on for over a week, well it kind of goes off but not long since it comes back on.

The car was driving fine untill 2 days ago when i was driving the car it suddenly started slowing down and when i was giving gas nothing happening(Its not accelerating). so i had to switch engine off and restart and it started, so drove again and the same problem occured. This problem occured a number of times and yesterday also.

When this problems happens its like the engine is on but when am pressing the gas peddal its not reving as it should, so i have to switch engine off and restart and when i do that and then press gas it starts normal but then the problem occurs again.

I also wanted to mention that when the car is stationary and engine is idle after a while it cuts out well the engine still runs but when am pressing on gas pedal no rev but when i switch off and switch on it does rev but same problem occours over and over again.

The worst thing is when i am driving and it stops accelerating.

Can anyone help me please, i would really appreciate it. if someone has had this problem before or experianced it and could advise me further so when i go to a garage i know what am talking about or i wouldnt get ripped off as i have been before.

Thanks guys!

Thank You, the car at the moment is not starting now.

Its making a racketing noise when i try to start the engine and continues untill i switch it off.

This noise is coming from the engine and the handles on the clock starts to shake.

the above problem which i am describing, i had this problem like a month ago and when i took it to the garage the bloke said your cars brainbox is dead and it needs replacing. He charged me £270. and what i noticed when i went to pick the car is the the engine management light was displaying and when i mentioned this to him he said not to worry about it.

Then two weeks later the problem i posted earlier happened. I think the bloke in the garag lied to me and did not repair the veichle properly.

If i wanted to recover my money what shoud i do, well first i will give the bloke a chance to repair but i know what he is gona say its not my fault or i wont get money back from him.

Can you/anyone advise me further please.

Thank you.

Thank You, the car at the moment is not starting now.

Its making a racketing noise when i try to start the engine and continues untill i switch it off.

This noise is coming from the engine and the handles on the clock starts to shake.

the above problem which i am describing, i had this problem like a month ago and when i took it to the garage the bloke said your cars brainbox is dead and it needs replacing. He charged me £270. and what i noticed when i went to pick the car is the the engine management light was displaying and when i mentioned this to him he said not to worry about it.

Then two weeks later the problem i posted earlier happened. I think the bloke in the garag lied to me and did not repair the veichle properly.

If i wanted to recover my money what shoud i do, well first i will give the bloke a chance to repair but i know what he is gona say its not my fault or i wont get money back from him.

Can you/anyone advise me further please.

Thank you.

that is a buggered battery for sure i had the same issue on my previous grande check the voltage and if its low replace this time of year your electrics will drain a battery in days if its a bit iffy

Back