Technical Please help with my problem

Currently reading:
Technical Please help with my problem

aad4m

Hi have a 57 plate fiat grande punto and yesterday morning i tried to start up the engine and it wont start, the battery seemed fine but now the battery has gone dead aswell.

I called RAC out and when the bloke checked it he showed me a symbol on the dashboard showning a key and like a lock symbol which is open or close anyway he said its to do with my key.

Any help please?

and how much would it cost for a remote key as i only have this one.

Phone the dealer up and ask if they would have a look at it under 3 year warranty.

Sounds like your immobiliser isn't picking up the key chip or isn't recognising it.

Brand new key with remote function is circa £120 if memory serves from previous posts on here, hopefully you won't need a new key.

Do you have another key which is just a key and not a remote, that's your master key which you'll need if they need to re-programme it.

I'd say key too... I had a transponder fail in a ford focus :( bloody thing only had 40 miles on the clock, took it to fuel up, wouldn't start, AA man says "fuel systems been shut down by the immobiliser, it doesn't recognise the key, and thinks you are trying to steal it!" bloody stupid Ford.

as Andy said, do you have the other key? tried that?

Do you have another key which is just a key and not a remote, that's your master key which you'll need if they need to re-programme it.

No such thing as a master key anymore with a Code 2 system (ie, as fitted to any Fiat from 1999 onwards). ;)

Golden rule when buying any car is to ensure it comes with at least 2 working keys. As a basic test- if it starts ok with the spare, then you know the other key is faulty.

Back