General PLEASE HELP!! Water in passenger footwell

Currently reading:
General PLEASE HELP!! Water in passenger footwell

Noony

I really needs some help folks please.

My UK 2012 Qubo has water getting into the passenger footwell. The fluid is clear with no smell.

Coolant in expansion tank has not dropped at all.

We haven't had rain for weeks here so can't be that but I have been using air con.

I have cleared the two rubber drains in the plenum chamber, underneath the windscreen/scuttle panel, and it's all dry under there. (I would recommend every owner checks and clears these as mine were clogged up good and proper)

Now here's the thing. The air con used to drip fluid very close to the exhaust but that seems to have changed and now drains under the front of the passenger side wing/front of the door.

I really hope you can help me solve this and thanks in advance.

I really needs some help folks please.

My UK 2012 Qubo has water getting into the passenger footwell. The fluid is clear with no smell.

Coolant in expansion tank has not dropped at all.

We haven't had rain for weeks here so can't be that but I have been using air con.

I have cleared the two rubber drains in the plenum chamber, underneath the windscreen/scuttle panel, and it's all dry under there. (I would recommend every owner checks and clears these as mine were clogged up good and proper)

Now here's the thing. The air con used to drip fluid very close to the exhaust but that seems to have changed and now drains under the front of the passenger side wing/front of the door.

I really hope you can help me solve this and thanks in advance.
With the extreme weather do you think the aircon plumbing is dripping inside the car from condensation, you can often get your hands wet touching the AC pipes under the bonnet. Turn the aircon off for a while see if that cures your "leak"

With the extreme weather do you think the aircon plumbing is dripping inside the car from condensation, you can often get your hands wet touching the AC pipes under the bonnet. Turn the aircon off for a while see if that cures your "leak"
Hiya,

Well I used aircon a lot last month when the weather was ever hotter(40c) and it did not happen then.

I left it overnight with a dry floor and it was still dry this morning, so I drive off to work with the aircon on and, hey presto, within 5 miles I could see fluid appear on the passenger footwell. I then turned aircon off, dried the floor and it has been dry since.

I am thinking the pipe that lets the condensed waist fluid drip out underneath has become blocked and therefore fluid is backing up the pipe and finding its way to the footwell.

A few days ago I did notice that the drips of fluid had moved from the centre of the car to the edge of the front wing/door.

My plan is to raise my Qubo and see if I can find the drain tube, for a start, and try and poke something up it to see if that helps.

Fingers crossed and I'll let you know any findings.

Well HALLE F*!*ING LUJAH My theory was correct. The pipe was blocked!!

I had to bend the exhaust heatshield slightly and then shoved some flexible wire inside and about 2 litres of water came flooding out.

As far as I can see I have solved the problem very easily but if the water in the footwell comes back in the next few days I will let you know.

HAPPY DAYS and have a great weekend everyone and remember KEEP ON QUBOING.

Reactions: ben
Back