Technical please help rear arms info needed punto 85 1.2 16v s reg

Currently reading:
Technical please help rear arms info needed punto 85 1.2 16v s reg

cheesus

Hi every body. This is my first post so i hope this works lol.

I own a Punto 85 1.2 16v s reg.A few mods have been done and it looks kinda nice now, sadly, I am having problems with the rear arm bushes wearing out realy quick and being peplaced far too much. The car has g-max sus on and lowered by 40mm progressive springs. Why is this?

Incorrect choice of suspension?
Hard springs not progressive?
Or is it something else?

If it needs uprated bushes where (if) you can buy them?
Can you just buy a kit so you dont have to replace the whole arm?
Any help on this subject is very apprecited, Thanks all:slayer:

Ps Sry but no pics of car, i will have some soon.

Welcome to the forum.

Although I'm not overly familiar with Punto's I gather that they suffer the same problems as Cinquecentos and Seicentos i.e the rear bushes going.

Most of us Cento owners fit Powerflex Bushes into the rear arms, there carry a good guarantee if fitted properly so a kit should sort you out.

Unsure of exact price but I'd say between £40-£60 and you'll get them either through Ebay or some of the online sites i.e. fastfiat, demon tweeks, motorsportworld etc.

Liam

Great thanks I will check it out and let you know what happens.
:slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

when you say they keep going, how often and what has been done to them when they go????

A family member has had a lowered gt on very stiff suspension and the arms are still fine and were changed 3 years ago!

midland fiat said:
when you say they keep going, how often and what has been done to them when they go????

A family member has had a lowered gt on very stiff suspension and the arms are still fine and were changed 3 years ago!

Ihad them changed by several differenet garages and they replace them with new arms. 6 months later they fail????????????

I am not shy on the cornering but cmon 6 months its not good sumthing has to be wrong. Car handles sweet till they go. lots of play in the arms and i can feel the back end go lose on corners.

Last edited:
they do where out pretty quick, well 18months if driven hard TBH

You can just replace the bush and not the actual arm, as most garages just replace the whole arm:eek: , the only reason for replacing the arm is because the wheel bearing has worn out and sort of eaten its way thru the stub axle, as per my car did:eek:

fiat do a normal bush, then shop4parts do a OEM fit uprated bush that wears a bit better, and also doesn't squeek and squark when you go over big bumps or mountainous speedbumps (speedbumps funk your suspension up in no time, I>E my car has lived in th country with its previous owner then me for the past 8years of its life, prob all original suspension, before I cam to uni I did quite a bit of sus work myself to get the car riding nicer, brought it to the city and after about 3weeks my front dampers bit the bullet (They were about 8months old:eek: ))

YOU CAN GET POLYBUSH AND AFTERMARKET BUSHS FOR THE REAR ARMS, THE bush you are on about is the same on all MK1 puntos(y)

Back