PLEASE HELP MY PUNTO!!

Currently reading:
PLEASE HELP MY PUNTO!!

spiky_monster

2 weeks ago I bought an N reg 1.6 Fiat Punto 90 ELX in black. It's a sexy little car called Nancy but she's sick!! [xx(]

Went to the garage to have the downpipe replaced (a simple enough job), and the work was completed within the hour.

Went to pick her up and she wouldn't start!! It appears that she's immobilised herself!! I have the red key and both the blue keys, but none of them register with the car, and no fuel is being allowed to the engine.

Being new to Fiats (I've come from Peugeots), I have no idea how to use the 3 keys, or how the factory immobilisor works.

All the electric windows/electric sunroof/stereo/central locking still work, and the engine still turns, jus no fuel is being supplied to the engine, and there is no spark from the plugs.

Can someone please help, as it's my new car and I'm gutted to not be able to drive her!!

Either post here or PM me for my mobile number

Thanks guys

Dale:D

Hi there, i cant help you with your car, but i don't reccommend you put you mobile number up on the forum, all guys on here are cool but we do have guests that may not be and abuse the fact you have your number on display, i would suggest getting them to PM you for your mobile no. as non forum members dont have access to profiles and pms.
Just edit the topic and remove your no - just some friendly adivce:)

I have a bling* bling* shiny blue thing
bravosig.jpg

cheers Sammi.

If you guys are anything like the guys on the Peugeout site then I should be safe enough ;)

I've edited anyway, so hopefully someone can help cos my Nancy is sick!!

red key is the master key that the blue keys are copied from.red keys are also needed for certain ECU work also,so never use the red key as your day to day key cos if you loose it you need a replacement ecu,locks etc so very expensive.when you turn on the ignition with the red key does the little fuel injector sign light up and go off or just stay lit?silly qu but have you checked the fuses?

A Dog Is Not Just For Christmas
Sliced Thinly It Can Last Till Easter

I use one of the blue keys from day to day.
When I enter the car and put the key in the ignition, there is no key recognition light (orange key symbol and the word lock?)

You can turn the key to full and the engine will turn but not start.

I've checked all of the fuses and they're all ok.

Fuel Injector light? What does this look like?

Just to make sure you know, the cut-off switch is that weird little grey button thing in the carpet between the passenger seat and door. Could also be a connection that's been knocked loose - check all the little plugs and things under the bonnet. :)

<font color="navy">Punto 55SX</font id="navy">

JB3.jpg

The fuel cut-off is almost definatly off because it hasn't popped up. We've pretty much checked all of the conections and fuses.

:(

Back