Technical Please help me!

Currently reading:
Technical Please help me!

Uggy10

Hi guys/gals new to forum and desperate for help! I own a 13 plate twin air punto and she’s totally down on power,sounds like it’s running on 1 cylinder,Iv changed plugs and coils,still the same and will hardly rev up! It sounds awfull!! Is there any fiat mechanics on here?? I’m fearing the worse and it’s gona cost me a fortune! My friends checked compression to start from basics and that seems ok,any suggestions would be really appreciated ?

I suspect it is the multiair module. If the new coils and plugs didn't help (the correct first step btw) then that is the most likely culprit. That is expensive so what you can trry (not much hope for success but still) is changing the oil and make sure you use the one specified by Fiat.

Our 2013 Panda exhibits the same behaviour and what helps is to let the car idle a minute or so before driving off so that the oil pressure gets up to the top of the engine.

I don't know how old a 13 plate is but if the car isn't too old, doesn't have too many kms on it and has been maintained according to factory specifications you can try to claim part of the costs from Fiat as you can argue that this part should last longer than it has. Perhaps you can consult a solicitor.

Good luck.

Hi guys/gals new to forum and desperate for help! I own a 13 plate twin air punto and she’s totally down on power,sounds like it’s running on 1 cylinder,Iv changed plugs and coils,still the same and will hardly rev up! It sounds awfull!! Is there any fiat mechanics on here?? I’m fearing the worse and it’s gona cost me a fortune! My friends checked compression to start from basics and that seems ok,any suggestions would be really appreciated ?

Hi. Its a complex car.

Read fault codes..and feedba k from ECU.

COIL PACKS have a hard life..same isdue with spark plugs.

If compression is good ..ghen check other basics.

Shere is car based?

Hi. Its a complex car.

Read fault codes..

Its amazing what is logged..

My punto ta had 1300 occurences
of 'illegal starts'...
Until I wss gently reminded about what the owners handbook advised.

Who has been doing your servicing?

Oil grade and quality is important.

Charlie

Last edited:
Back