Technical Please help me find VIN place for 1991 Ducato chasis

Currently reading:
Technical Please help me find VIN place for 1991 Ducato chasis

Kristis

I have a Dethleffs camper, but since it has an integrated chasis - it has no passanger door (LHD) and thus - no steps. Where exactly should i start looking for a VIN pressed into the chassis? VIN plate is up front, but i also need a pressed VIN for local TUV. Any ideas?

hello. my coachbuilt still has fiat plate on cross member in front of radiator.
This is not what Kristis is looking for. He already has access to the VIN plate above the radiator.

Kristis,
I can confirm that on my 2006 X244 PVC, the VIN number is stamped on the rear of the right hand wheel arch, although the handbook says passenger side (RHD vehicle). As you supect, the number is probably in the same place on your vehicle.. Your question must have been asked before. Perhaps Dethleffs may be able to help, or you could try searching on this and other forums.

Dethleffs are not the best at replying :) its inner side, correct?

Hi Kristis,

Your words "inner side" could be ambiguous. I will attempt to be precise, but measurements will still be approximate, and it is difficult to find common reference points. The VIN is read from inside the vehicle, and mine has 15" wheels. The centre of the VIN access cover is 650 mm above ground level and 210 mm in from the outer face of the tyre, or since you have no right hand cab door, 50 mm out from the handbrake lever. I hope that this is similar for your vehicle, and leads you to the correct place.

To help others please post how you eventually dead the VIN.

Hi Kristis

Did you manage to locate the stamped VIN on your camper?

I'm asking as I just had a failed MoT test due to tester not being able to find the stamped VIN.

Ours is also a coachbuilt, but a 1995 model Tabbert built on Ducato chassis.

I need to locate the stamped VIN myself and get the camper re-tested.

DSC_0299.JPG

Hi Kristis

Did you manage to locate the stamped VIN on your camper?

I'm asking as I just had a failed MoT test due to tester not being able to find the stamped VIN.

Ours is also a coachbuilt, but a 1995 model Tabbert built on Ducato chassis.

I need to locate the stamped VIN myself and get the camper re-tested.

View attachment 415462
Sorry for late reply. Managed to find it on passanger side step. Water tank was on top of it covering it, but it was there ;)

Sorry for late reply. Managed to find it on passanger side step. Water tank was on top of it covering it, but it was there ;)
Many thanks. I have also uncovered the stamped VIN in the same sort of area. There was actually an inspection lid, but I tried in vain to locate the stamp for ages - but eventually I found it underneath some floor covering. So all sorted now 🙂

Many thanks. I have also uncovered the stamped VIN in the same sort of area. There was actually an inspection lid, but I tried in vain to locate the stamp for ages - but eventually I found it underneath some floor covering. So all sorted now 🙂
HI, my friend has just bought one like yours and it has different vin location than mine. Could you make a photo of your inspection area? We are searching for it for two days now, but its definetly not on the step area as we have removed everything there and still nothing 😁

HI, my friend has just bought one like yours and it has different vin location than mine. Could you make a photo of your inspection area? We are searching for it for two days now, but its definetly not on the step area as we have removed everything there and still nothing 😁

Sorry about this late reply.

There is a little inspection hole with a rectangular plastic lid on it just to the right of the passenger seat base. This lid must be removed, and under there - under the rubber mat and some insulation (it all has to be squeezed out of the way) - you should be able to see the stamped VIN.

Good luck :)

DSC_1300 1.JPG

Sorry about this late reply.

There is a little inspection hole with a rectangular plastic lid on it just to the right of the passenger seat base. This lid must be removed, and under there - under the rubber mat and some insulation (it all has to be squeezed out of the way) - you should be able to see the stamped VIN.

Good luck :)

View attachment 430345
Fantastic! Thank you! :)

Back