Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Bravo HGT

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Coupe 16vT

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Something else (Please explain :) )

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
This is similar to the last poll I had except this time I'm looking to gain a car rather than get rid of one :)

Ok so the situation is now as follows... I have a MK1 punto, Cinq and a MK2 punto. I'm going to be selling the MK1 once i've finished these last couple of jobs, and the cinq (currently used by the GF) is unlikely to pass its MOT in november - may be fixable but probably not gonna be worth it.
In October my insurance is up for renewal, and with the NCB i can afford to insure a better and more powerful car, so I'm thinking of giving the MK2 to the GF and getting myself something new (Fiat obviously :D )

I budgeted £1500 for insurance and got some quotes, and with that i can afford to insure a Punto MK2 HGT (130bhp ish), Bravo HGT (150bhp ish), and even a Coupe 16v! (to which i was amazed :) ) A Coupe 16vT is only £150 over budget aswell so that could be a possiblity. 20v/20vT prices are stupid tho :eek:

I really fancy a Coupe, but are the high running costs/maintenance really worth it? This is my dilemma.
Been doing my homework (reading the forum, getting some stats etc) and it seems the Punto/Bravos are more reliable than the Coupes and much cheaper to repair (especially if secondhand parts can be used - punto/bravo parts are obviously much easier to come across.) Also, Ill be getting 34mpg/30mpg/28mpg in the Punto/Bravo/Coupe (turbo) respectively, which obviously reflects the power - 130bhp/154bhp/187bhp.
I'd be very happy with a Coupe as is, but i don't think i could keep my hands away from modifying the Bravo/Punto... I think its because i want a car thats not like every other car on the road- and the Coupe is already pretty unique (I read there were only 5000 produced for the UK, and I bet that number has rapidly decreased in terms of what is still on the road today.) Anyway the point is, by the time I'm happy with a Bravo/Punto, it would probably have pushed the insurance near standard coupe prices anyway.

The reason I want to make my mind up now even though I have till October when the insurance runs out is because if I can get my hands on a bargain car now that needs some work, I can easily have it ready in time.
Votes backed-up by your reasons for your choice would be very helpful and much appreiciated in my lil predicament resolving mission :)

Bravo. Just for the sound alone! :cool:
Lol :) yeh i bet a 5cyl would purr nicely, but tbh, im not too fussed about the sound, just performance and looks :cool: heh.

punto jtd
why would you go for a JTD over a HGT?

get a coupe before its too late, if you dont you'll regret it one day (i will :()
I know, this is another thing. One day im gonna have to leave the luxury of living at home, and having a car that eats money isnt gonna be possible again (or atleast for a long while - by that time all the coupes will be rust buckets or cost a fortune :eek: .) Need to do some research on common problems and repair costs. Most things ill be repairing myself, but still, i bet the cost of parts is silly.

yeah i too would avoid the punto hgt, just cos a remapped jtd will be quicker, lower insurance, lower petrol, etc.

but id have a coupe turbo out of all of them :D i dont think there that costy as long as you can do the work your self, its when you have to take them to a garage when they become costy.

coupe turbo, very nice car, handle very well, and as said by a few ppl and by myself, probably THE best thing fiat have made since the 131 mi:ROFLMAO:ouri (spl and numbers erm, maybe wrong :eek: ).

as for high running costs, well, buy a good one, run it for a year, sell it for the same. the better nick ones that have had cam's/heads changed etc have pretty much hit wrong bottom price (£3-3.5k) so you can easy get your money back if you have a change of heart.
unlike the punto hgt, erm, big sinker there.
bravo, can pick em up for nothing, but not as many of them have been loved the same as the coupes, great sound, better to drive than the mk2 punto you already have. but the coupes better still.

TBH matey, buy an alfa, pick any alfa and enjoy:cool:

why not a 20vT coop?

I budgeted £1500 for insurance and got some quotes, and with that i can afford to insure a Punto MK2 HGT (130bhp ish), Bravo HGT (150bhp ish), and even a Coupe 16v! (to which i was amazed :) ) A Coupe 16vT is only £150 over budget aswell so that could be a possiblity. 20v/20vT prices are stupid tho :eek:

Back