Plans for false floor......need advice

Currently reading:
Plans for false floor......need advice

Sando

Established member
At the moment the boot of my car is like a mad mess of wires and cables.

Currently running a JBL amp running a pioneer sub in a 1cuft sealed box and an SLX amp (soon to be) runninf Fusion components up front.

I have tried running all the cables hidden but its still a mess.

I plan on making a false floor to cover it all up but I dont know about airflow around the amps. i have asked this question on Talkaudio but the consensus was that I should be alright without fans, because the amps are'nt running too much power only about 300w RMS combined.

Has anyone else used a false floor to comletely cover everything up and did they experience any problems with overheating?

Matt
-------------------------------
Crystal CMP 8 :: Like some members on this forum, thinks its 4 inches bigger than it is

It would better to be safe than sorry, so I would use fans just in case.

Seicento Sporting,
Modified Front Bumper,
GT Wing Roof Spoiler - NOW STOLEN,
Abarth Side Skirts,
4" Powerflow Exhaust System,
Standard Alloys...oops.
WANTED:Nice set of 14" or 15" Alloy Wheels PM Me With Any Info

I had a false floor for some time without any problems what so ever. I drilled holes in it before gluing cloth on it, that way you can still have some airflow around the amp(s).

Bearing in mind fans are a £3-£5, i would stick one in attached to some old pipe to get some air flow around. But its up to you, might be fine.

I'd just rather pay £5 for a fan then a few hundred squid for a new amp :D

Going to do it on saturday, Im going to cut an old box up for the 18mm MDF and use that as slats along the MDF floor to support the false floor about an inch above the amps. Im cutting holes into the false floor to allow air to escape.

Cant wait to get cracking, you cant beat the feeling when you've finished a job like that and you've done a quality job1 :)

Matt

54 BHP of pure italian muscle

Back