piperX induction kit whistleing noise

Currently reading:
piperX induction kit whistleing noise

B

Bahney

everytime i just gently tap my accelerator i get a whistling noise after haveing the bonnet up and a mate accelerate for me i noticed the noise was from around my piperX, so i decided to put the old airbox back on to rule it out.

with the box back on there was no whistling, it has only been happening recently and starting to get louder.

the piperX has only had about 1000miles on it but my car has been in/out of a few bodyshops and loads of dust has gotten into my engine, so how do i clean the filter ?

i rememberd getting an arosol spray with the kit but i looked on it and it said "for instructions on use please see box" but i don't have the box, lol

anyone else got one that knows how to clean them ? personalyl i was just going to use warm soapy water and then leave it to dry on the radiator but i assume there is a better way.

thanks in advance

The noise is normal, ignore it.

You need the correct cleaning spray from pipercross, the can you've got is the oil to reoil it after its dried.

DO NOT USE soapy water, you will never get the soap 100% out.

i can't ignore it, it sounds like my fanbelt is slipping when i accelerate, lol

i have my radio on real loud and i can still hear it !

very embarasing i can tell you especially stuck in traffic, lol

how much is that spray tom ? and is there an alternative ?

£10 sounds like a bargain compared to the annoyance of the whisteling bravo.

ok last question, and one i should have asked earlier but forgot.

where can i get it ? and please don't say mchellfords,lol anywhere online ? or anywhere OTHER then mchellfords (i hate that place)

y does evey 1 hate halfords. it aint a bad shop stop ur wingeing. no different to motorwold. or a1 motorsport or even potn on the net.

GRRRRRR

Smee

Mummy's Boy!!!!

yeah i still have the oil :) thanks for the link

smee i hate hellfords because everytime i go there i seem to walk away wondering to myself if the place can get any worse !

the staff are mostly morons that are as helpfull as a old lady in an emergency.

as soon as you walk in you think that you have walked into an adidas shop due to the ammount of adidas tracksuit bottoms u see and baseball caps, it is like a kev holy grail in there.

only time i ever go to halfords is if they have a 2for1 offer on car cleaning stuff, and even then i go either real early to avoid the chav's or really late when it is time for them to be outside jacksons with there bottle of cider.

and even if you avoid the townie chavs then you still have to put up with a idiot trying there best to work the till.

rant over, lol (well maybe)

Halfords sucks ass! They rarely have what you want and the people who supposedly work there are useless. The only thing my local hellfrauds is good for is half price curver tool boxes and wiper blades.

ive always said halfrauds was crap nice to see, others think the same as i moan about most things anyway lol.

btw hellfords have got a 2 for 1 on cleaning products at the mo :)

honest!

just got 2 alloy cleaners

If ever you hear thunka-thunka-thunka from your front wheel, pull over; you may well find you have only two wheel nuts left and both of those are probably loose! Not that that has ever happened to me, honest!