Styling Pipercross induction kits, With or without cold air feed??

Currently reading:
Styling Pipercross induction kits, With or without cold air feed??

A cold air feed is pretty much always beneficial to an induction kit. Cold air is denser than warm air...denser air means more air in the engine....and more fuel to match the air-fuel ratio. More fuel = bigger bang and theoretically more power. TBH though the power gains you are likely to get from just an induction kit range into the heady heights of (normally) a couple of % of the standard BHP.
In my experience pipercross really weren't worth the money as the firm itself knows bugger all about the kits they make...my advice would be to get in contact with GSR and see waht they can do about sorting you out with an induction kit...their kits seem to give superior gains than the kits sold by the big filter firms...backed up with RR graphs. I have a GSR kit on my 75 and it has given me 6.4% gains whereas the K&N didn't make a gain and the pipercross didn't even fit the engine despite a long argument with pipercross HQ insisting that it did.

if your punto is an 8valve you might as well save you money and spend it on something else, they dont even make much of a difference to the engine sound.,..,

Depends what you want from it, a GSR will offer you more grunt in the mid range. It will increase bhp across the board, but you will notice it most when you put your foot down in third.

Well worth the cash IMO if you intend to keep the car a while. I love my JTD kit, but then I do get a whooossh-ptchhhhh noise with it :p

Back