General "Pink" Panda

Currently reading:
General "Pink" Panda

Hello :D

Whilst out with Floyd my mate informed me there was a "pink" on a driveway which looks like it's been sitting there a long while & we should go look.

Did so, the owners came out asking us what we were upto peering into their driveway. Mentioned admiring their Pink ;) Man said it's going up for sale soon and what do I think it's worth etc.

Only had a quick look in the dark ;) But looks in okay-ish condition.... J reg, 74k (I think approx) Has been tipped over so has damaged to passenger door, and no wing mirror. MOT until June next year. No tax. Couldn't quite tell about interior as it had fluffy covers :eek: Started okay but seems to sit there most of the time. Needs a very good t cut as paintwork very dull / matt.

Was told if I wanted it to make an offer / they took my number.......I don't have the time or the ££ at the moment, but thought I'd mention it on here.... If anyone is possibly interested maybe able to put a note through their door with your details / offer........ :slayer:

Only 78 Pink's left on the DVLA database.......

:D

oooo was about to text you back and ask details, now I know.

yes how do people get these figures id love to know:confused:

Asking the DVLA is always a good move.

You can either go to their website and fill out the form under the freedom of information request section, http://www.dvla.gov.uk/foi/FOIApplication.aspx

Or go to the nearest office they have, take a ticket, get in line and then when it's your turn, ask the person behind the bullet proof glass the questions you want answered. (Normally 5 questions only per session. If you have more, take friends or get another ticket)

If you do go to the DVLA office, try not to go the 1st week of the month as they will be full of people with Road tax problems.

Last edited:
I have attached below, the response I received from SMMT when asking how many Selecta's were still on the road. His reply was quick and free.

"Further to your enquiry of 31 December the total number of vehicles registered for use on GB roads at year end 2005 is:

Vauxhall Chevette 1,050
Fiat Panda Selecta 908

Yours

Martin Taylor
Census Databases Manager , Automotive Data Services
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)20 7344 1613 Fax: +44 (0)20 7235 7112
Web: http://www.smmt.co.uk

For information on our parc data service go to

http://www.smmt.co.uk/data/vehiclesinuse"

:idea:

My mum learnt to drive in a B-Reg CL Panda, black. Then it got painted in Dulux Pink by brush before fiat came up with the idea. Then when my dad needed to use it for work it got painted a terracotta colour. Again by dulux.

Talking of DVLA and a little off topic, I paid my road tax online and was very impressed with the service. Beats queuing up at the post office any day.

MARTIN

I like to buy mine in the PO on the last day, on the bases of the fact that its my money, so why let them earn interest on it when I still can. lol. (little things....lol)

Finding it interesting that one can find out all this info from DVLA and SMMT!

yes how do people get these figures id love to know:confused:

Years ago I wrote to the SMMT and they sen me a very nice typed letter with FIat 126 sales - apparently - I remember it as being 9936 in it's peak year down to 3000 in it's final year of being on sale.......

Hey!
Just wondering, does anybody know the colour code for the pink 1992 panda? As I'm looking to get my new Panda resprayed the same colour! Hopefully this week! So help would be so appreciated as I can't find it anywhere, apart from a mention on one site of Fiat 1992 PINK - code 131!?

Anyone!?
Thank yooou!:eek:

Back