Pile-up

Currently reading:
Pile-up

Had a perfect example of easing off the throttle on Friday. Approaching a set of lights on red, car trying to overtake zooms up & hits the anchors, I ease off & drop down to 3rd, as I near the lights I dropped to 2nd. A second or so later the lights changed, I had good revs in second to punch it. I was in 4th before the car was anywhere near & he ended up having to tuck in behind me - he obviously hated being behind a bus as he kept trying to pull out to overtake:D

As for motorways, I was happily soaring along today, towing a trailer, 5th gear doing a steady 60 watching all the audis & beemers hurtling along in the outside lane. You could see the packed lanes waaaay into the distance yet lane 1 was relatively clear - I had a good half mile between me & a lorry. Then a porsche would zoom past (seemingly from nowhere) & you'd then be treated to 10/15seconds of his brake lights as he realised he couldn't get by.
Then the range rover would come hurtling down & sit on someone's bumper, angrilly weaving all over the lane hoping the guy in front would move over.
And why is it no-one pulls over when I indicate to overtake? I check the outside lane, clear, middle lane car is approaching fast. I give plenty of warning - so the idiot drives right up to the back of my trailer flashing his lights (I could see him in my reversing camera) - and yet the outside lane is still clear !?!

And why is it no-one pulls over when I indicate to overtake? I check the outside lane, clear, middle lane car is approaching fast. I give plenty of warning - so the idiot drives right up to the back of my trailer flashing his lights (I could see him in my reversing camera) - and yet the outside lane is still clear !?!

i think its called lack of lane craft..........

Back