General Pictures of meh belleh

Currently reading:
General Pictures of meh belleh

arc

this is where i stand
Perils for a lowered car.. whilst it was up on stands to have the "handbrake" repaired, i redid some of the undersealing. No rust under there (apart from the arb and sump), but thought it best be recoated a few times.

Also repaired the exhaust mount with the cunning use of cable ties (y)

can just see the rust on the ARB (didnt notice it in daylight.. will have to repaint that sometime!)

bellly.jpg

some fresh underseal.. you can see the nice smooth paintwork underneath it!

undersealed.jpg

this is a worry, thats exhaust putty on the pipe because i thought it was worn through and blowing. (its not)

sump_zorst_damage.jpg

this is the remains of the rad splash gaurd when i hit a large dip in the road, the screw liberated itself, the gaurd folded underneath and snapped off :eek:

smashed_gaurd.jpg

and no cento repair would be complete without the use of cable ties!

exhaust_mount.jpg

Gallery Link!

I've taken some pics highlighting how bad my paintwork is.. but i dont think any of you lot need to see them :p

ah, I wish I still had a rear exhaustmount/toweye. Those were the days

surfin_fella said:
ah, I wish I still had a rear exhaustmount/toweye. Those were the days

Theres not an awful lot left of mine, huge lumps of metal fell off before i found shiny bits to paint!

dave said:
needs lowered that :p

indeed, it was on axel stands and jacks. waaaay too high up!

mase said:
y dont u save up for 14's? have proper full arches, and not so many problems with bumps, they make all the difference! (y)

i used to have bigger profile tyres, and they caught all the time. Changed from 185/60s to 175/50s and its fine. Bigger wheels = £££ on car which really needs the paintwork sorting first, after its had a 1242 fitted.

Smaller wheels = better acceleration which is what its all about.

Shame about the pipe Arc, any tips on undersealing? Going to be doing that soon, was it spray or brush you used?

I think the 900 has the same covers, worth a look through the scrappy or asking on here.

Liam

i used a spray on one.

best tip - get a hydraulic ramp so u can lift the car up and then do it properly with paint on stuff!

Make sure you clean the areas up well, and do at least 3 coats i'd say. Leaving a while between coats. Don't paint ur arms!

hello there.

in them days it was an 1108cc with..erm.. an induction kit and maybe a chip and 40mm tb.

now it has a 1242cc punto 75 enigne. multipoint fuel injection, skimmed and ported head, port matched inlet manifold, full stainless straight thru system (supersprint mostly), standalone megasquirt ECU, LC1 wideband lambda controller, lightented flywheel, spesso head gasket, gsr induction with bmc cda, 3bar fuel pump, adustable fuel pressure regulator,

it doesn't work at the moment like, but its all there eh.

Back