Styling *PICS* Stilo Blue

Currently reading:
Styling *PICS* Stilo Blue

Finally got sum pics after givin it a good clean and polish today.
I been thinking of spraying the alloys though. White or Black? What do you guys think? Also if you think anything else needs doing to it just say :) got sum spare £ waitin to be spent on this baby... (y)

23052010151.jpg

23052010155.jpg

23052010154.jpg

23052010153.jpg

23052010152.jpg

Thanks for looking

Gloss Black Alloys, Lowering springs, Uprated Dampers, Fly eyes kit headlights & Tail lights & side lights, Xenons , Bmc Induction kit , cat back exhaust, re-map but little gains unless jtd or abarth , Uprated discs and brakes , dvd player integrated into glove compartment lid.

Thats a very handsome colour there..im in two minds about colour-coded bumpstrips though!

From the ride height I'm guessing it's a 1.4 (I stand to be corrected though I'm sure) so performance is maybe out the window. Still, a decent exhaust and induction can't hurt (didn't with my 1.2) plus it'll sound pretty decent :)

Lowering is a good option as well, Eibach Sportline springs matched with Eibach dampers or another brand like Bilstein is the best way to go, the Pro springs that only lower 30mm won't be very noticeable with the lighter engine. Sportline does 50/30mm front/back and it's a good compromise between practicality (getting over speedbumps) and handling. As far as I'm concerned was the best mod I did - I actually enjoy the corners now rather than holding on as it rolls round.

Alloy wise, I'd wait till you lower it and see how they look. Maybe anthracite rather than black or white personally. Uprated discs and pads perhaps, but only when the normal ones need replaced as the standard ones are decent enough unless you happen to have one of the quicker Stilo's.

Apart from all that, I'd keep everything else pretty much standard unless you want to take it further. Basically it all depends on how big your imagination/wallet is :D

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I see what you mean. Do the 5-doors seem to be the same? Will take a look at mine in the morning.

From the one's I've seen (again, could be wrong), 5 door ones seem to sit lower. Don't know if this is an optical illusion - the shape of the 5dr having an influence or something. I know 5dr's are set up to be slightly softer than the 3dr though, so that could affect the ride height. Of course, I could be talking utter BS :D

Yeah, front of the 5-door Stilo is far to soft, especially when going over speed bumps (n)

Still, I'll bet you're thankful for that over long distances. Lowering mine on the dampers and springs hasn't made it horrible by any means, but increased tautness it brings also means it's not as relaxing over long journeys. Happy enough though to trade in some of that comfort for the handling on the twisty stuff :)

From the ride height I'm guessing it's a 1.4

Yep ur right there. Its the special eds version "Blue" 56 plate. They only come in the 1.4.

Thanks for advice btw (y) Im thinking I will lower it. Not really botherd about speed just somthing that looks good

A friend of mine just got HID's in his car. Anyone know if this is difficult to do in stilo's as I thought they looked quite good

A friend of mine just got HID's in his car. Anyone know if this is difficult to do in stilo's as I thought they looked quite good

They're illegal if not fitted correctly aftermarket meeting all the regultions which is extreamly costly and difficult to do.

Also the Stilo's headlamp is the wrong type to even concider using it with a HID bulb safely :(

Back