DF909C7C-D97D-4652-BAA5-3C1ABF6319AC.jpeg

500 Pics of the wife’s 500 twinair 2011(modified in progress still)

Introduction

Hi peeps,

Well this is my wife’s twinair 85bhp 2011 Fiat 500. She bought it just in the new year as unfortunately we have had to down grade due to my ill health and having to give work up.

Anyhow it’s a low mileage one with an s/a box as she can only drive auto. Pain I know as I would go manual anyway.

Well this is a bit of a project fun car as I have permission to modify it . So I have started and will be a ongoing thing. Things I want to do that I haven’t done already are as follows really.

-remap
-full exhaust right through
-upgrades front discs and pad and braided lines(brakes I don’t thing are good at all)
-disc conversion on the back
-sports bumpers and side skirts
-all polybushed bushes
-tft dash display change
-headunit control change
-suede with red stitch all plastics inside(dash,door cards etc)
-red leather armrest
-parking sensors all round
-all dressing bolts , carbon etc in the engine bay

I’m sure there is a lot more still. Haha.

Anyhow I love detailing cars as I am a bit ocd with paint correction so I have spent 5 days doing this as a 2 step correction process and treating with gtech cystal serum and exo v4 .

These pics give an idea on how clean it is
Reactions: robtt
Few more pics

Attachments

• 4B044E33-B81B-4D7D-96D4-FC9070D36F6E.jpeg
    4B044E33-B81B-4D7D-96D4-FC9070D36F6E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 104
  • 210D9A7B-E478-46CC-AD30-F1BEDC765FF6.jpeg
    210D9A7B-E478-46CC-AD30-F1BEDC765FF6.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 126
  • 68E3D2AB-5344-4BFE-A494-6CD3181E6776.jpeg
    68E3D2AB-5344-4BFE-A494-6CD3181E6776.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 103
A little yeah. Haha. Loads to do still. I am enjoying it and it brings back memories of modifying cars again. Nothing like before but this is more styling than in and out performance but I must say with the racechip and the power pedal it has made a huge difference .

One post was ment to say side skirts and bonnet have been resprayed not respect. lol.

It’s from racechip

They do 3 versions. I have the gts with Bluetooth . Makes a huge difference. The throttle module really helps to.

I wouldn’t say it’s the power, it’s the extra torque and it feels torquier for sure.

Well worth the money I must say. I did look at remap but the figures for extra bhp and also torque wasn’t that great for the same if not more money. So went with racechip .

Here’s a few pics of a very dirty car. But side skirts on as you can see. Still haven’t finished tidying up the blending of them because of the master seal but will soon as going on hols . Once back will sort it and take some close ups.

Also I put new new plugs in which were the same that was in there but the dealer never tightened them up enough. Car runs soooooo much better now I have done it. Smoother, a lot more responsive. It’s like a different car. Something so simple can make such a difference.
may i ask how you fitted the side skirts please , unsure where to start with mine , thanks

Hi stevie,

I used a bonding glue. Wasn’t tiger seal but another. Can’t remember the make. They did a black or white one . Once stuck I used masking tape to keep them in place for a few hours . Make sure where your bonding them on the car it is fully cleaned with a panel wipe. If you don’t have that use meths or white spirit . Gets old residue off for a clean bond

Hi stevie,

I used a bonding glue. Wasn’t tiger seal but another. Can’t remember the make. They did a black or white one . Once stuck I used masking tape to keep them in place for a few hours . Make sure where your bonding them on the car it is fully cleaned with a panel wipe. If you don’t have that use meths or white spirit . Gets old residue off for a clean bond
what did you do for where the skirts go under the car mine has about 6 holes in where theyre supposed to clip in ?

Sorry for the late reply stevie.

I purely just used the sealant. I might of put some on the underside to so it didn’t flap but I will say it is solid

Back