General Pics of the 750 I picked up this weekend.

Currently reading:
General Pics of the 750 I picked up this weekend.

As you may have seen from an earlier thread, I won a 750 on Ebay last weekend. Well I picked it up yesterday morning, but it didn't go smoothly though as it ran out of petrol before I could get to the garage. It must have been running on fumes.... :( This was made worse as I had got my Dad to go with me in my Brava, and I wanted him to follow me to the garage as I knew it was low on fuel. But he zoomed off in front and we got split up :bang: He never has his phone on so I had to ring my Sis to come out in her Tipo with some petrol. Luckily she was only about 20 minutes, and we got it sorted (y)

Anyway, here it is after I got it home

PIC_0003.JPG

I've been working on my Van most of this weekend, so haven't done much to it, but I did find time to wash it and look in the shed and get a spare zender ariel and some 1000S wheel trims and put them on, and take the horrid sunstrip :yuck: off.

PIC_00131.JPG

PIC_0014.JPG

The main things to do though are;

Replace the driver's door
Replace the broken boot lock
And get rid of that bloomin stripe of the bonnet

Vin

Tis a 4 speed box. The stripe is very brittle and would take ages to remove by hand. Hairdryer heat will be necessary I think.

When the weather is better and I have finished the jobs on the 750 I will take it and the 45CL out and take some 'compare and contrast' pictures of the two.

Cheers

Vin

Vin said:
Tis a 4 speed box. The stripe is very brittle and would take ages to remove by hand. Hairdryer heat will be necessary I think.

When the weather is better and I have finished the jobs on the 750 I will take it and the 45CL out and take some 'compare and contrast' pictures of the two.

Cheers

Vin

Hi Vin, judging by the superb condition of your 45CL I'm betting your 750 will look great too when you have finished with it.

Before you take the whole stripe off, take a small section off to see if the paint underneath is a different shade due to age. if it is different, either dont take the stripe off, or replace it with another (maybe dark blue, so you can hardly see it).

Back