General Picking up a widebody fiat x19 race car shortly

Currently reading:
General Picking up a widebody fiat x19 race car shortly

city hunter

I figure I'd join a fiat forum and start doing some research. I'm buying a fiat x1 9 race car from a friend who has been racing them for quite some time. He currently owns 2, and this one is the one that beat him back in 2001.

It's just a rolling chassis with a fiberglass front end hood, and rear end. Open cockput with a scca/icscc cage, extinguisher system, fuel cel, coil overs etc..

We have been talking and I decided I will probably just go for the 1300cc engine as thats what he has been running and they seem to do well in icscc GiP

The car definately needs some work and cleaning up as it has been sitting for quite a few years. I'll try and get some pictures up soon.

I come from a background of mitsubishi's In fact, older rear wheel drive mitsubishi's from the 60s 70s and 80s are my passion.I run a starion club here in the NW united states. I've always wanted to get into road racing, but I've never been motivated enough to do all the research and what not to convert one of my old starions or colts into a race car. So, when a buddy of mine who is a starion guy that also raced fiat x19 for quite a few years mentioned he was selling a race ready x19 race chassis like his I started getting interested. He showed me the car, I sat in it, and drooled over the fiberflass widebody and decided I needed to have this, besides it was very cheap and way cheaper than building or buying any other race prepped car :)

Last edited:
nice man, keep up the good work, im glad to see someone else here in the states who motivated enough to put x1/9 back on the road.

does it have the dallara body kit?
definitely need to see some pics.
03012008049.jpg

this was back when it didnt have an interior or a better exhaust so excuse that problem.

Most of the state-side racers are on the xweb forums, it will be worth checking in there too for some excellent help. The mirafiori forums are pretty good too, again with plenty of Fiat racers on there.

Umm DJ Pat join us here! Many of us here in the States are passionate about our Exxies! xwebforums.org

I am in Conn. and we love to see X pics ! Later, Greg

sorry been real busy lately havent done anything with the car yet. I grabbed a sprint kart and have been getting some practice in with that.

I'm not sure what the body is. Everything is fiberglass except for the doors. This wont be going back on the street lol. Shes a open cockpit race car.

All the front body parts, hood, front bumper section, and fenders are attached with dzus. It's pretty nice to be able to pull the entire front end of the car off in a matter of a minute or 2. U;kk try and grab some pictures when I get back over to the shop.

I'll definately check out the x web

Back