General Picked up the GPS 130 today!!!

Currently reading:
General Picked up the GPS 130 today!!!

Picked up my white GPS today...so far, so good.... :)

Really like the smooth engine and gearchange. The brakes are much better than my old car (C2 VTS), which were far too sharp. In gear acceleration is better than what I'm used to as well, although the handling is a bit mushy and it doesn't pull off as quick as I'd like, I'm sure a remap will sort this.

As regards the suspension, has anyone uprated theirs? Any recommendations? I'm thinking about fitting Eibach springs for starters....
(y)

Really like the smooth engine and gearchange. The brakes are much better than my old car (C2 VTS), which were far too sharp. In gear acceleration is better than what I'm used to as well, although the handling is a bit mushy and it doesn't pull off as quick as I'd like, I'm sure a remap will sort this.

As regards the suspension, has anyone uprated theirs? Any recommendations? I'm thinking about fitting Eibach springs for starters....
(y)

Give it time to loosen up - about 2k and you will see a difference.

(y)

Eibachs come highly recommended.

I nearly bought a C2 VTS before my GPS, out of interest which one you do you prefer all things considered?

Btw, excellent colour choice (y)

Eibachs come highly recommended.

I nearly bought a C2 VTS before my GPS, out of interest which one you do you prefer all things considered?

Btw, excellent colour choice (y)

There’s pro’s and cons with both.

The C2 was an absolute hoot to drive, keen engine, sounded great with and induction kit on. It gripped real well too, stiffer suspension and lighter than a GPS probably helps. This did make the ride a tad crashy though, the GPS seems much more refined in this respect.

Build quality is probably better in the Fiat, although it’s too early to tell for sure. The C2 proved terribly unreliable…

• Inlet manifold fell off
  • Fuel injector failed
  • Window seal came off
  • Coil failed
  • Air temperature sensor problem, car recalled
Although all these were fixed quickly by the dealer.

The C2 is compromised in other ways too, the steering is duff, the brakes were either “on” or “off” – far too sharp for me. The gearchange, probably the worst I’ve come across in a sporty model, a real sloppy long throw…yuk!

But like I said above even with all these deficiencies it was great to buzz around in and could hold it’s own with cars double the price on a “b” road blast.

Too early to tell with the Punto, although it seems a lot more refined and relaxing to drive day to day and probably has a lot more potential too.

One sour point with the GPS, there’s a split in the dash facia by the air vents..been back to the dealer today, they’ve took pictures and are going to contact Fiat about this. They reckon it might need a new dash already – only one day old too!

Soon as I have some cash I’m going to uprate the springs with some Eibach’sand get a remap sorted.

Last edited:
There’s pro’s and cons with both.

The C2 was an absolute hoot to drive, keen engine, sounded great with and induction kit on. It gripped real well too, stiffer suspension and lighter than a GPS probably helps. This did make the ride a tad crashy though, the GPS seems much more refined in this respect.

Build quality is probably better in the Fiat, although it’s too early to tell for sure. The C2 proved terribly unreliable…

• Inlet manifold fell off
  • Fuel injector failed
  • Window seal came off
  • Coil failed
  • Air temperature sensor problem, car recalled
Although all these were fixed quickly by the dealer.

The C2 is compromised in other ways too, the steering is duff, the brakes were either “on” or “off” – far too sharp for me. The gearchange, probably the worst I’ve come across in a sporty model, a real sloppy long throw…yuk!

But like I said above even with all these deficiencies it was great to buzz around in and could hold it’s own with cars double the price on a “b” road blast.

Too early to tell with the Punto, although it seems a lot more refined and relaxing to drive day to day and probably has a lot more potential too.

One sour point with the GPS, there’s a split in the dash facia by the air vents..been back to the dealer today, they’ve took pictures and are going to contact Fiat about this. They reckon it might need a new dash already – only one day old too!

Soon as I have some cash I’m going to uprate the springs with some Eibach’sand get a remap sorted.

I had a C2 GT for about 18 months (number 0764 I think!) and I got rid of that due to reliability issues, the gearbox died at 40k! add to that crap dealers, and I decided to never buy another citroen...

after that I had the vRS, and it was a world of difference in build quality, and reliability......

having said that, before I bought the GPS I had a look at the C4 "loeb" special edition... i loved it, citroen still make some cracking cars! couldn't bring myself to deal with the unreliabilty though... I need my car for work, and the skoda did 80k in two years, and never broke down once.... 20k so far in the GPS, and that hasn't broken down either, so fingers crossed ;)

I had a C2 GT for about 18 months (number 0764 I think!) and I got rid of that due to reliability issues, the gearbox died at 40k! add to that crap dealers, and I decided to never buy another citroen...

after that I had the vRS, and it was a world of difference in build quality, and reliability......

having said that, before I bought the GPS I had a look at the C4 "loeb" special edition... i loved it, citroen still make some cracking cars! couldn't bring myself to deal with the unreliabilty though... I need my car for work, and the skoda did 80k in two years, and never broke down once.... 20k so far in the GPS, and that hasn't broken down either, so fingers crossed ;)
I also had a C2 GT (0845) before the VTS, that was more reliable than the VTS...the brakes were the only issue with that...so I thought I'd trade up to the VTS....not such a good idea!

Loving the Fiat though...much better motor, engine seems keener already! (300 miles)

I also had a C2 GT (0845) before the VTS, that was more reliable than the VTS...the brakes were the only issue with that...so I thought I'd trade up to the VTS....not such a good idea!

Loving the Fiat though...much better motor, engine seems keener already! (300 miles)

mine loosened up about 7,000 miles ;) it'll just keep getting better until then (y) biggest thing you'll notice is the fuel economy, i was really worried when mine was new, that the economy was very bad (was often getting about 35-40) (comapaired to the vRS 50mpg) but after it ran in, eveything improved , on one very controlled motorway run (bang on 70 for 300 miles) I got a cool 59.9mpg :)

Back