General Picked up my new-to-me Barchetta this weekend!

Currently reading:
General Picked up my new-to-me Barchetta this weekend!

MarlaS

Hello all!
I have finally picked up my 1996 Barchetta.

It still needs sealing for the plastic back window, any tips? The dealer 'replaced' it but did a crap job and there are gaps.

I will order foam thanks to gar074's advice I will pick up foam for the cushioning when keeping the top down to avoid splitting the plastic.

I took her (Rosella is her name) out for a 100km (60mile) toodle on the back roads outside of Geneva yesterday. First sunburn of the season and it was a great day, she drives well. Now off to Henk's site to buy a few things. :)

Cheers all! This is me and the car!

car.jpg

Your B looks brand new. Are they still being produced? : )

I remember driving once without rear windshield, at about 120kph it was quite an experience heh. Thought I will lose all my hair, but only had sore neck for a few days.

Rosella looks lovely! Congratulations, Maria.

I hope you have lots of fun in her, especially on those amazing Alpine roads. I hope to take mine over the Col du Grand St Bernard one day. :D

wapper - she was garaged this whole time, and well cared for :)
turining - I have a lot of pink, came with the breast cancer experience recently.
gar074 - will do - the Grand St Bernard, if you choose to stop for a night to camp too, has 3 mirror lakes at the top of the pass there (parking in the lot, walk up, it is call Les 3 Lacs Fenêtres. Amazing stars. And let me know, I can meet you!
Barchetta Bloke, thanks yes. :)

the Grand St Bernard, if you choose to stop for a night to camp too, has 3 mirror lakes at the top of the pass there (parking in the lot, walk up, it is call Les 3 Lacs Fenêtres. Amazing stars. And let me know, I can meet you

Sounds like a great plan! I have a good friend (a former student of mine) who now lives in Geneva and spends all his spare time hiking in the Alps, so I'd drag him along too! Having spent the last 14 months stuck at home, I'm aching to travel again. (y)

Fantastic! I am not too excited yet to travel but. have enjoyed 2 sunny days so far with the car and look forward to many more.

Totally understand, and even next summer would be best probably. Things here are still not great either but hoping they change soon with more of us getting vaccinated.

Yes, I'm not planning to go very far from home this summer, even though I've now had two doses of the vaccine. I certainly don't feel ready to travel outside the UK. I'll be more than happy if I get the chance to hug my children again this summer! (And by next summer, I may have got around to fixing the various things on my B that need fixing!)

Stay safe (and remember that driving a B with the top down is a perfect way of ensuring good air flow and avoiding aerosol transmission (y))

Back