General photoshop attempt

Currently reading:
General photoshop attempt

robcento

heres my second attempt, thwe first was a peugeot so didnt think i should put it on here :eek:
mods include: colour change, background change, alloys, lowered, delocked, de handled, debadged, sideskirts(forgot what they were off :rolleyes: ), evo front bumper, tints, and a few other small bits.
let me know what you think
bluecinq8tk.jpg

For a 2nd attempt it isn't that bad...

A few tips-

Use larger pictures(higher resolution ones) as they make it easier to chop the car.

Use alloys and kits from cars that are a similar angle, so the wheels dont look 'flat'

Shade or lower the brightness below the car, to make it look more realistic

From what I can see the colour change is ok, but in most cases the photoshop will look more reaslic if you stay away from the bolder colours...

Keep it up, practise makes perfect...

(y) cheers. i managed to delete that just after i posted it :bang: will give it a go with another car tomorrow sometime...
before i do, whats the best way to match the colours? eg. matching the mirrors to the body?

robcento said:
(y) cheers. i managed to delete that just after i posted it :bang: will give it a go with another car tomorrow sometime...
before i do, whats the best way to match the colours? eg. matching the mirrors to the body?

It really depends on the colour of the part your changing in the first place.

I don't have photoshop here, but play around with the hue/saturation and lightness. From memory the shortcut is ctrl+shift+u :eek:

i think thats the shortcut to remove colour right? oh... :eek: silly me. thanks for the help

robcento said:
i think thats the shortcut to remove colour right? oh... :eek: silly me. thanks for the help

Nope thats right, it desaturates it.

Okay got PS running now, the shortcut your after is ctrl+alt+u

Last edited:
This is how to change the colour of any 'coloured' object in seconds (y)

press ctrl+alt+u, then change the 'Edit:' from 'master' to the current colour of the object. If a kit is currently blue, select 'blues'. ;)

Now move the sliders, to change the colour.

This method is VERY! handy if you have a coloured car and can not be bothered to select the whole car in order to colour it. ake sure that there is nothing of the same colour in the background of the image as this will change colour aswell...

HTH

Last edited:
Back