Technical PHONE function on Blaupunkt CD radio from 2003

Currently reading:
Technical PHONE function on Blaupunkt CD radio from 2003

MrBrown

Hello,

I was fiddling with the radio on my girlfriend's 2003 mk2b and I noticed a PHONE entry in the menu.

I wasn't able to get information from the manual since the original that came with the car is lost and the one that you can download from the Fiat website is full of inconsistencies and it doesn't explain anything.

Is it by any chance an external mute to connect a phone? I'd like to put a bluetooth handsfree set in the car and it would be really handy if it muted the radio automatically when the phone rang.

Going for an aftermarket head unit with integrated bluetooth is not an option because the car is used for short downtown commutes everyday and it's parked in the street, therefore a new radio would get nicked in no time.
Taking the face off every time the car is parked would make it terribly unpractical. This is why I'm pursuing every possible option with the stock head unit before trying anything else.

I know that there are Parrot units that live between the ISO connector of the radio and the speakers in the car, it would be the perfect solution but they're expensive.

So can I mute the radio with an external input and how?

Thank you!

Excellent! The manual "Punto Radio 03/05" has the information I was looking for:

TELEPHONE PROVISION
(where provided)
If the handsfree kit is installed on the car, when a
phone call is received the radio audio is connected to
the phone input. The telephone sound is heard with a
fixed volume, but it can be adjusted during the
conversation by button/knob 19 (VOLUME ON/OFF).
The fixed telephone volume can be adjusted through
the “PHONE” function of the menu (see paragraph
“MENU”).

Now the question is, where do I get the handsfree kit? Was it a Fiat optional? Can I get a generic adapter cable and plug whatever I want?

Back