Phone bills

Currently reading:
Phone bills

Nyx

Established member
As we of the mobile generation I was just wondering what peoples monthly usage is?

Do you manage to stay within your limits? Or do you blow them every month?

I would say Im a high ish user. I send roughly 2500 texts a month and dread to think how many minutes I use. My average bill is never any less than £160 a month. :eek: :eek:

Although did get a nice surprise this morning, even though Im sure I used my phone MORE last month my bill was like £100 less that more :D (y)

So what do people normally spend a month on their phone, be it contract or pay as you go

I've got one of the best deals going actually, i keep my hubbys phone during the day and when i go out and he pays the bill at the end of the month which is usually about £35

I don't use it to call during the day though only in extreme circumstances like when my car breaks down and i need picking up LOL

GhostWKD said:
calls billed month in arrears, so your high usage may come this month :(

im sure mine dont.... my contract runs from the 1st to the end of the month... they figure out what i`ve used and it comes out around the 20th... or at least thats what they say

£20 a month :eek: :eek: omg how bad do i feel now ha ha

i've had the same orange pay as you go simcard with the same number since july 99. if i put £10 a month on it i get 300 free texts, unlimited free evening and weekend calls to orange numbers, and 1mb of free internet usage that i've never once used. i stuggle to use the £10 each month because i dont even send 300 texts and almost everyone i know is on orange and i dont really use it much, my house phone has free calls all day everyday to local and national rate numbers so i use that to call people on their home phone.

if you use your mobile so much you should get a better contract, i know people who get unlimited calls and texts to any UK number for £50 a month on 3, including free phone upgrades every 6 months. surely you'd be better off with a deal like that? do some research, no one should be paying more than £50 a month.

jug said:
i've had the same orange pay as you go simcard with the same number since july 99. if i put £10 a month on it i get 300 free texts, unlimited free evening and weekend calls to orange numbers, and 1mb of free internet usage that i've never once used. i stuggle to use the £10 each month because i dont even send 300 texts and almost everyone i know is on orange and i dont really use it much, my house phone has free calls all day everyday to local and national rate numbers so i use that to call people on their home phone.

if you use your mobile so much you should get a better contract, i know people who get unlimited calls and texts to any UK number for £50 a month on 3, including free phone upgrades every 6 months. surely you'd be better off with a deal like that? do some research, no one should be paying more than £50 a month.

im on that t - mob flex thing.... highest one.... they called me to changed it as my bills were HUGE! might just have to start ignoring ppl... well other than "special ones"

Derbychick said:
My average bill is never any less than £160 a month. :eek: :eek:
That's nearly £2k a year. Assuming you're a basic rate taxpayer, not using the phone would be like getting a £3000 pay rise :eek:
My bill is about £20 a month.
I notice Applesei hasn't posted here yet... :chin:
H

hmallett said:
That's nearly £2k a year.
H

Never really looked at it like that :eek:

That could pay for car repair bills lol

Might be time to start cutting down me thinks. I think my main prob is i moved back in with my folks so i have no "real" bills to pay.

That works out to be a text every 11 minutes every day all day (if you sleep for 8 hours a night). I would check your usage to make sure they aren't overcharging, you wouldn't be able to do anything apart from text if it was this many every month.

poggy said:
That works out to be a text every 11 minutes every day all day (if you sleep for 8 hours a night).

yeah that seems about right ha ha

jug said:
dear god woman. you're addicted.

yeh i think i maybe lol altho saying that i havent sent a text now for like an hour..

Derbychick said:
im on that t - mob flex thing.... highest one.... they called me to changed it as my bills were HUGE! might just have to start ignoring ppl... well other than "special ones"

See I'm on Flext as well (£90 credit for £22.50 a month) and I've never managed to go over the limit. Some months I've only used about £20 of the allowance. Now I'm back at uni though I'm texting like mad and phoning very regularly yet it seemingly takes ages to use up the credit allowed. It's great. :)

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
£80 - £110 are my average bills. what can i say, i have alot of peeps in my phone :D

Dunc

so i must have more :p

dont feel so bad now

Back