Stilo Phil2019 : a newcomer looking for informations on Fiat Stilo

Currently reading:
Stilo Phil2019 : a newcomer looking for informations on Fiat Stilo

Phil2019

Hi guys !

I came here to look for some technical informations on Fiat Stilo.

Being French, English is not my mother tongue, so I may lack the good technical terms.

My story in short : my own car had a problem, so I borrowed a friend's car (Stilo V7 of 2003, 5 doors) to go to the garage ; I had an accident on the parking place, the Stilo hit a Punto (this latter one is now repaired)...

10 days ago, I began checking the Stilo.
I unmounted the damaged pieces in the front (plastic cover / metal bumper / front plastic support / headlights / etc.).
So I checked all the scrapyards (UK) / junkyards (US) around, up to 2 hours driving away, with really little luck.

Finally, I bought some used pieces from an individual (owning a 5-door Stilo V6) far away.
But the headlights were in poor conditions (only one or two mounting pads on three), so I bought another pair of used headlights from another individual (owning a V3 3-door Stilo).
These were the only ones I was able to find in the surroundings.

I knew it wasn't the same reference, but comparing both types of headlights, they look almost the same, same connector, just a slight shape difference.

So I mounted these 3-door Stilo headlights on the 5-door Stilo. At first try of lighting on, electric failure, and the on-board calculator started auto-check at each try, and displayed several strange messages, completely unrelated to the headlights, but one ("wiring disconnected") - yet I unplugged/plugged again only the headlights and the horn.

Since, the car does no more start !!!

I tried to mount/plug again the two previous pairs of headlights (original V7 and bought V6), same mess(ages) !

I checked visually all the fuses : all right.
I tried to unplug / plug the battery : no result.

So I'm here to understand this electric failure, and if I created it by plugging the wrong headlights, and how to solve it.

Thank you for reading, and sharing any usual infos !

Hi and welcome.

Did you by any chance remove the earth wire that connects to the body ( under battery) or fuse box in the battery compartment?
If you did which I presume you might have had to, did you connect it again?

Last edited:
Back