General Petrol...

Currently reading:
General Petrol...

jonesei88

Anyoneknow how many miles to go after the petrol light comes on, as i need to do 5miles in the morning to the nearest petrol station, on a cold engine aswell.

Cheers

You will probably make it, but I can't be certain. It's a bit of a risk, but I find that when the light comes on I can still put 25 litres in the tank, so that should mean there is another 10 litres in the tank. Take it easy around corners, and I hope there aren't any steep hills.

ill have to hope for the best, there are some big corners but no real hills only downhill so i think ill roll down them in neutral. Cheers for your help :D

Jonesei

On the Cinq, the manual claims it has a 7L reserve, so Id personally say anything up to 70miles, given that Ive definately done 55 miles on the reserve alone.

jonesei88 said:
ill have to hope for the best, there are some big corners but no real hills only downhill so i think ill roll down them in neutral. Cheers for your help :D

Jonesei

That is a very silly thing to do. It will also use more fuel coasting down hills. If you leave it in gear going down the hill, but do not give it any gas the engine will probably use absolutely no fuel. In neutral it will need to drink enough fuel to keep the engine going. Coasting down hills is a very bad idea, and the brakes will be doing a lot more work.

Back