Petrol

Currently reading:
Petrol

I normally just use Unleaded but yesterday i decided to go "all out" and fill up with Total Excellium...

What a difference it made, ride seems to be smoother and the engine seems to respond quicker. Well worth the extra 3p! (y)

Whats everyones experience with this?

Well, I did go onto this Total Super at some stage [it is my local garage, therefore so convenient] - but with the mileage I do, and the extra expense, I moved back onto Total normal....

BUT now I run Tesco 99 RON stuff - now that rocks ;)

I agree with avoiding supermarket fuel - never touched it, and still don't, but the TESCO 99 stuff is from another supplier, Greenergy or something.

I used to run Optimax solely for years in my 'other' car, but the nearest garage was a right hassle to get to, and so I gave up in the end.

i think i saw it on top gear where they filled cars up with superfuel and shell came out on top, it added a few extra BHPs.

H fills his coupe up with optimax, I never used it on mine cos i couldnt afford spending the extra money with the high monthly fuel bills i was paying.

I will give the Tesco 99 a try. My dad used BP Ultimate in his ford fiesta and also noticed that his car was a little more responsive.

I have noticed my car is a little quieter sitting at idle but im not sure if its the petrol or just me:confused:

Does this fuel give any benefits to fuel consumption?

Your car is an older car though. Is it fuel injected? Even if so, it's unlikely to have knock sensors that can alter the ignition timing to maximise the benefit.
H

Back