General Petrol

Currently reading:
General Petrol

Just follow the recommendation in the manual, ie. 95 octane.

Anything less will give you marginally less power and worse mileage, anything more will just be a waste of money.

Just follow the recommendation in the manual, ie. 95 octane.

Anything less will give you marginally less power and worse mileage, anything more will just be a waste of money.

I don't think you can get any less than 95 octane at petrol stations in the UK?

I always go for branded petrol (non-supermarket petrol). It's not just the octane rating that may be different but also the additives. Optimax did make a noticable difference (don't know whether it was any faster or more economical though) on my old car, but I couldn't see a difference when I tried it on my 100HP.

At last I have managed to get the wife to use the Texaco garage just around the corner..prices are down again at the mo and its cheaper than sainsbury..so why use supermarket tat when the good stuff is actually nearer home..:rolleyes: :bang:

You know it makes sense..:D

But I cant get necter points darling..:bang:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

At last I have managed to get the wife to use the Texaco garage just around the corner..prices are down again at the mo and its cheaper than sainsbury..so why use supermarket tat when the good stuff is actually nearer home..:rolleyes: :bang:

You know it makes sense..:D

But I cant get necter points darling..:bang:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I use Texaco and Sainsburys as well (y)

Get SWMBO to get a 'Star Rewards' card, then you can get points from Texaco :D

Trev

has anyone had any proven good results from the new Shell petrol? I think I must have got some a few days before the official release (they can't have filled all the petrol stations up the night before surely) as my mileage did seem to increase. They claim 1 litre in 50 or 2%. On my 42mpg in the C4 that's only 0.8 mpg extra so tricky to tell. Of course the official release was around school holiday time when my mpg shoots up anyway.

Remember there is less traffic on the road now, so any percieved increase of MPG from this new shell stuff is probably just due to less stop starts.

Remember there is less traffic on the road now

Since when :confused:

has anyone had any proven good results from the new Shell petrol? I think I must have got some a few days before the official release (they can't have filled all the petrol stations up the night before surely) as my mileage did seem to increase. They claim 1 litre in 50 or 2%. On my 42mpg in the C4 that's only 0.8 mpg extra so tricky to tell. Of course the official release was around school holiday time when my mpg shoots up anyway.

Didn't know they'd brought it in yet, I know they been banging on about it for ages.

Wonder if they'll improve Vpower as no point in filling with that if normal unleaded is becoming just a good.

School holidays!
I can now sail past schools without interruption.
Until I get to Marlborough where the nobby college is running a summer school :bang:

Nothing to do with with thread but I worked on that college!

We use Tesco alot , but I think the MPG is slightly better with branded petrol , mostlt Texaco round here. Check my Fuelly page for details.
http://www.fuelly.com/driver/gareth111278/panda

Less Traffic??, Not if you live in a tourist area! (n) I was just showing my daughter that we are 1.4 MPG :eek: down:cry: from June to July due to all the traffic in town & on the road into town.:bang: :rolleyes: Can't wait for them all to go back to Birmingham :yuck:, i.e. anywhere East of Shrewsbury!

Less Traffic??, Not if you live in a tourist area! (n) I was just showing my daughter that we are 1.4 MPG :eek: down:cry: from June to July due to all the traffic in town & on the road into town.:bang: :rolleyes: Can't wait for them all to go back to Birmingham :yuck:, i.e. anywhere East of Shrewsbury!
Send your tourists up to lovely Alston and Weardale. It's meant to be a tourist area but I drove through yesterday and it was dead, with most places shut. Lovely place to drive a little car like the Panda, too, as all the roads are windy and narrow.

Certainly a lot less traffic in Manchester. However Manchester is basically a student city, it has more students than Oxford and Cambridge combined.

All the mancs have ***** off to Anglesey and other parts of Wales, the students have all gone home to mummy and daddy trying to kick their cocaine addiction and the manc chavs have all gone off to Turkey. Its great I can get 3 miles down the road without stopping at any lights.

Back