General Petrol tank - quick question.

Currently reading:
General Petrol tank - quick question.

ukmh

...well Matt really.
Tank is out of my Sei awaiting replacement right now. Getting ready to swap the plumbing over.
On top of the tank are two white plastic plugs for fuel return/vent. They look like they should just pop out with a little prying, tried one but managed to chip a tiny bit of plastic off. Am I going about this right or do they twist/screw/respond to voice command?
Cheers,
Matt.

Twist action, they have a locating tab & will only pull out when they're in the correct position.
Wait untill you get the replacement from James- hopefully it will have the connectors still on it.

Twist action, they have a locating tab & will only pull out when they're in the correct position.
Wait untill you get the replacement from James- hopefully it will have the connectors still on it.

Had the replacement from James but it's gone back as I felt it wasn't in good enough condition. No quibble refund from James and fast, polite responses. Still an excellent and trusted parts source that everyone should use.
The brand new tank will be just a bare tank.
So if I could ask a little more...
Twist anti-clockwise? Through ~ how many degrees?

Cheers,
Matt.

Ah. Yes, the grey hairs must be responsible for that little thinking deficiency.
However, shall I assume this should read anti-clockwise because it looks to me like the arrow says so?
tank.jpg

Your guess is as good as mine but as you can see it has one tab so they won't pull out untill it's in the correct orientation. Just take it easy & go by feel.
BTW: Thank goodness you didn't mke a splelling mistake, that makes Eklipze mad, he gets raelly mad!!!

Your guess is as good as mine but as you can see it has one tab so they won't pull out untill it's in the correct orientation. Just take it easy & go by feel.
BTW: Thank goodness you didn't mke a splelling mistake, that makes Eklipze mad, he gets raelly mad!!!

Thanks for the Eklipze handling tip! I'll be supre careful not to make any errars.

Back