Technical Petrol and hubs

Currently reading:
Technical Petrol and hubs

wanderingbiped

2003 Active Sporting 1108

My little passtime is all, but I enjoy and it very nippy....

After finishing rear end bushes,brake cyls shoes, pipes, painted red oxide and chassis black. (Apologize no pics to hand but guide worth its weight in gold)
been running in brakes and trying to get handbrake to my liking

Now master cyl has gone on me I think, with all bleed (new pads as well (including master and nipple thread covered) still got a low softish pedal

thats now bought but up pops

I. Petrol tank

Not sure about rules for ref on forum but could someone let me know if one or both of ebay

180962882305 poland
380952750039 germany

match ZFA18700001026324

like the german with extras but do not know?

Do master after tank and condition of pipes around tank.

II. One odd thing during rear brake rebuild other than seized solid items
2 differing hubs (slightly)

NSR vertical semi cut outs for brake shoes removal (when off look down and see cut outs)
OSR semi cuts under face of hub for brake shoes removal (when off look down cannot see them only feel or turn over)

Sei and Cent maybe?

III, Strut bearings

Checked erp and www.birth.it (italian/Eng switch) http://www.kromeda.it:8080/birth-vc/#!IAM ..where bearings come from
got what I think are wrong bearings (electric wheel icon on dash)
can confirm more money :(

Thank you for your time gentlemen

Slange.....

Early rear hubs tend to have the semi circular cut iuts (and are easier to fit). Doesn't seem to be a Cinq/Sei thing, more a supply chain one.

I doubt the power steering can tell which top mounts you have fitted, but power steering ones (generally Sei) are different from Cinq ones -- have more castor).

Thanks for the quick reply

I based bearings on the manufacturers having lec and non lec. I think I have got wrong ones as I have elec ps. Icon on dash. Was hoping not to have mucked up getting parts (with vin).

Tbh petrol tank is worrying me more now to get right part if I have stuffed up strut bearings

Any confirmations or pointers gratefully received.

Attachments

• elec.png
    elec.png
    298.1 KB · Views: 41
  • nonelec.png
    nonelec.png
    264.6 KB · Views: 32
For a 2003 Sei you can use the MPI or even the earlier SPI fuel tank. SPI has a bracket on the side as it had an inline fuel filter, & MPI might have had clips to hold fuel pipes but either will fit fairly easily.
Enter 'petrol tank' on the 'Search this Forum' function on the FF home page & it will come up with all the threads on tanks, -where they bought them, & maybe a better deal than the two you listed.

Can someone translate this for me please :confused:

Thank you very much for the nfo regarding the bearings (my money gone) so now find correct ones (shop4, euro, etc)

Will search forum as suggested for tank nfo and maybe better prices
along with knowledge of both fitting.

"cough"

Explanation:
Having just bought brake master cyl, found tank thread on here suggesting to do / inspect brake pipes while petrol tank is out and repair/replace as required.
So was going to wait until seen pipes under/around tank before fitting master and system bleed.

Maybe its too long since I learned to write :)

Will search and thanks again for all the pointers.

Back